Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode closing?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear this? What's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Not true, Just a vicious rumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Yeah I heard it ages ago, then that it wasn't true, then it was, then it wasn't.

I did hear that they didn't have planning permission for the walkway into it and that the residents have been complaining bacause there was so much noise at closing time - I have no idea if either of those are true but thats why I heard they were being forced to shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard it a while back and there was rumours about it a few years back also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Too bad. Easily one of the worst clubs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have to say from my brief exposure to it, it really would not be missed if it turns out to be true. On par with the equally awful Q bar IMO, though not quite in the same league as Slapperface Jacks :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

So it's staying open?

Bollox. My mates like that place for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

obl wrote: »
    So it's staying open?

Bollox. My mates like that place for some reason...

Yea and i hear that they are starting to charge entrace fee's because they dont have a restaraunt licence anymore.

Hate Scwarrrcode whith a passion!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think it's a great club, it's just a pity it's clients let it down big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great club, hope it doesn't shut down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i used to be in the 'shut the kip' category but then i realised that if that happened all the knackers, slappers and lightweight 16/17 year olds will just venture to all the good places in Dublin, if it was shut at least the 16/17 years olds wont find it as easy to get in anywhere else ;)

there has been rumours over it shutting down before the place was even opened, they always find some way to get around their licence issues and tbh i wont believe it until i see it

• Advertisement

what a terrible place to drink in

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I had it was shutting down in two weeks, due to a non renewal of their license. But I've heard that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Great club, hope it doesn't shut down

Rofl. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

RLY

As Dublin clubs go, it's pretty decent tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I heard from somebody working there that it was closing down - again non-renewal of licence. There have been various attempts to close it down before but they've always found legal loopholes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I frequented Barcode in my first two years of college (between 2003 and 2005) just before it went all skanger and I loved it. My mate lived just down the road so always had a place to stay after. Then people started organising mini buses to get there from every knacker hole in Dublin and it fucked the place up completely. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

What Time is BAR CODE Opening/Closing tommorow (Thursday 20th Of March)

???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

usually 9 - 2:30 afaik

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

barcoe4 wrote: »
    What Time is BAR CODE Opening/Closing tommorow (Thursday 20th Of March)

???????

it will be closed by 12am:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

oh yeah.

stupid good friday. my mistake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i heard this a few weeks ago from a taxi driver and happily went about telling everyone in work about it, turned out it wasnt true:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

judas101 wrote: »
    stupid good friday.

If you hadnt went and ratted out Jesus all those years ago we wouldnt have a fookin Good Friday :(:)
    DaveMcG wrote: »
    RLY

As Dublin clubs go, it's pretty decent tbh.

While few Dublin clubs are world beaters, Barcode stinks. Even the layout, its more the type of place you would hold a wedding function than a nightclub.

As for the skangers, the students annoy me more. Cant leave a drink down without it getting robbed, and if you carry it around with you some drunken fcukwit is liable to crash into you and spill it. All in all hate the place and always have.

IIRC they have a sign there saying something like "please refrain from over enthusiastic dancing" or something.

Which is fairly easy, the tunes are either pop, 80s muck or DJ fookin Sammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

women are easy tho..and moderatly good looking.

but ye i find the place is full of w@nkers, usually end up in a brawl their, lucky i know the bouncers:D

Advertisement