Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Redwood Motors

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just looking at www.redwoodmotors.ie, is that where sky motors used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lynott

ResDub wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone out there done any business with Redwood Motors was looking at a range rover on carzone. Just a bit wary of them phone manner etc. just wondering if anyone had any eperience of them thanks

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Land-Rover/Discovery/TDV6-S/749471/
    I would be careful. I dont know this actual dealer but many, many car dealers in this area ie. Ballymount, Clondalkin, Newlands import from the U.K and are not very accomodating when you ask for previous owners contact details, copy of the V5(UK log book) etc... At the end of the day if a car is genuine a dealer is going to be more then happy to give you all the information you want. Always check history of car www.cartell.ie and for cars of UK origion www.mycarcheck.co.uk also the DVLA website in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

This may not be representative, but...

I went to look at the E39 M5 they have a few weeks back on a Saturday. There was 6 or so little bum-fluff 'tache skangers just hanging around in the yard and showroom area, and the sales office contained about 4 guys and then what appeared to be 4 of their mates just sat about. Very unprofessional first impression.

In fairness the M5 was an Irish car in very good condition, with a full stamped history, but the battery was dead. Took them ages to get the battery pack on it, and then the guy who was supposedly showing it to me just dissapeared.

Had a good look round the car and then realised there was no way on earth I would buy a complex, high-end machine off them...got the distinct impression there would be no aftersales if anything went wrong and in general they have very little interest in what they are doing apart from taking your money.

I walked, and I wouldn't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I also have been to look at a car there once. It wouldn't start as the battery was dead and it took the "lads" a good while to get it going. Eventually when it got going, it was evident it was going to need a bit of work to it. Walked away :rolleyes:

The car itsself was filthy, the "salesman" didnt seem to interested, he dissapeared and he knew nothing about the car. Good few of the workers I could see appeared to be foreign also with little or no english if I tried to communicate with them. Totally unprofessional or maybe I am just fussy but I'd never go back based on my experience.

In fairness, the car itself wasn't worth much and appeared to be genuine enough. Just the fact it was a little unprofessional the service, turned me off. Didn't seem to interested in selling the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ResDub

Yeah get that impression alright have some nice motors on their site but they sound like thay couldn´t care less whether you buy or not. Think i´ll go else where ! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

very interesting read. i have enquired about two of their vehicles this evening - online form / enquiry and the thoughts of those posted seem to be at odd to those of their website

Here at Redwood Motors, excellence of service is more than a goal - it’s a passion for all of us and we have grown from strength to strength thanks to the support of all our valued customers over the last few years. We offer a high standard of motor vehicle body repairs whether it be a large accident repair or a minor scratch and with our 24/7 recovery service - why not make Redwood Motors your first choice for vehicle service and repairs.

So whatever your needs are please drop on by and you will be greeted by our friendly and professional staff.

i shall see how i am treated in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I would stay away from them, trust me. They sound like they are up to more than just "selling" cars.

Also, 18k miles on a 06 commercial diesel, doesnt seem right.

further to my post the car i am looking at is a uk reg with the details from the dvla (against its registration plate) stating that it is purple in colour, against the met. silver in the advert on both the site and carzone (including pics). should make for an interesting enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Did they respond?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

It's a buyers market these days, so if your not getting premium service from a dealer then just walk away. Plenty more to choose from.

• Advertisement

no response from them, reverting through either telephone or e-mail

like its been said (written) here, it is a buyers market and i shall continue my search elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jubajuba

Great Guys.great Value.great Service.a Bit Rough Around The Edges But Sound Bleedin Blokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Above = Troll?
    I only heard of them through others, and havent used them myself. Colleagues here were unimpressed by phone manners, if they answered the phone at all. Some reports of being rude and lazy, work not being done in agreed timescales etc. All hearsay though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

jubajuba wrote: »
    Great Guys.great Value.great Service.a Bit Rough Around The Edges But Sound Bleedin Blokes!

Quite a few lads over on dtdirl.com would disagree strongly with that
    maoleary wrote: »
    Above = Troll?
    I only heard of them through others, and havent used them myself. Colleagues here were unimpressed by phone manners, if they answered the phone at all. Some reports of being rude and lazy, work not being done in agreed timescales etc. All hearsay though!

Agreed, its a troll

heres a thread warning anyone to be very carefull dealing with them

-http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24422&highlight=redwood

If you need to sign up to see it let me know and i'll quote the important bits from it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think by now everybody can make up their own mind.

Thread closed before we get boards into hot water with more hearsay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement