Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restricting logon times

• 17-03-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭

Is there any software or scripts I can use to log off a user automatically in XPSP2 and restrict their logon times.

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Group Policy might have some local policies

start > run > gpedit.msc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I can restrict times but I need something that will log off a user wher they have reached thier time limit

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

uch wrote: »
    I can restrict times but I need something that will log off a user wher they have reached thier time limit

you can make a scheduled task in your account that runs shutdown -l with the users credentials at the logoff time

that way the user cant see it as its in your profile and it will log him out not you

you will have to create a seperate task for every user you want to restrict,
    it will give no warning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

is this on a domain? or just a standalone PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Standalone XP box

21/25

• Advertisement

well then it's just kile Mukki said, create a batch file and set it as a scheduled task.

Shutdown the PC = shutdown -s
    Log Off the PC = shutdown -l

But sure this will only work for logging them off..

:confused:

maybe this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

maybe this?

combination of both will do the trick me thinks

so

to prevent logon

net user username /times:{day[-day][,day[-day]] ,time[-time][,time[-time]] [;…] | all}

/times:{times | all}
    Is the logon hours. The times option is expressed as day[-day][,day[-day]],time[-time][,time [-time]], and is limited to 1-hour increments. Days can be spelled out or abbreviated. Hours can be 12-hour or 24-hour notation. For 12-hour notation, use am, pm, a.m., or p.m. The all option specifies that a user can always log on, and a blank value specifies that a user can never log on. Separate day and time entries with a comma, and separate multiple day and time entries with a semicolon.

and

to logoff

make a scheduled task in your account that runs shutdown -l with the users credentials at the logoff time

Advertisement