Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septum Piercing?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

So...I'm thinking of getting my Septum pierced next week, maybe in Ashbourne Wildcat, but I dunno iuf I can get to city centre yet.

Anyone have it done, & know what it's like?

So I know what to expect.. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Meant to be a bit painful alright, i dont have it done but i know a fair few people with it done. just keep it clean and have fun.
    if youve more questions lemme know

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't have it done, but a few friends have (CrumbleFroo + Saranne)

From what they told me, it's not that sore, but you'll have very watery eyes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Yeah I'm pretty nervous about it :eek:
    But, I've had my lip done 3 times & nipples etc. So hopefully it could be less painful than those :rolleyes:

ah you will be fine, if tears do swell up just say that there is something in your eye.

Well you've already had some of your most sensitive areas pierced, this should be similar, or less painful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

got mine done in vpiercing... mark said that the tear thing always happens, it wasnt too painful, but just... unpleasant, i thought. cotton buds up your nose, the tear thing, on top of your standard needle-piercing flesh thing.

but i have to say i do love this piecing, and am stretching it at the mo, which is my first stretching experience. im loving it, and would recommend it... it took absolutely no cleaning on my part... ' a lazyman's piercing' my piercer said.

Ahh, thank you for the insight!
    What do you mean by tear?
    :eek:

you may have a piece of fluid escape from your eye, they're generally called tears, or in the case of the more manly among us, "man tear" where only one solitary tear escapes and is only the result of a kick/stomp/punch to the spermbanks

Hahaha!!:D

I actually thought he meant tear as in the nose getting 'torn' I was like :eek: *cringes at thought*

Wilburt wrote: »
    you may have a piece of fluid escape from your eye, they're generally called tears, or in the case of the more manly among us, "man tear" where only one solitary tear escapes and is only the result of a kick/stomp/punch to the spermbanks
    Haha :D

Or the way your eyes water in sympathy with another man getting kicked/stomped/punched/hit-with-a-big-rope-knot in the leithroidí... (but no tears escape your manly eyes... although you may have to squirm and protect your own somehow!!!)

• Advertisement

an "oooh" face then a quick pat to make sure they're still there does the job for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

It's probably the most painfull piercing I've ever had and if you're considering stretching it that hurts pretty bad too. It's like every piercing it's a fairly quick pain that goes away instantly there's just more of a sting to it then other piercings.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

not one of the worst ive had,the tear thing was slightly annoying though,more of a weird sensation rather than pain id say,easy to keep,not fun dipping your nose in salt soaks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

The best way to describe the pain i felt from it would be to imagine squeezing a spot on your top lip just below your nose!! As for tears i don't think i had any, when i got my philtrum done tho my eyes flooded with tears!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

im glad i have it over and done with now!

ha, id've never gotten it done if i'd seen this thread first :D

OP, dont worry about it... it's really not that bad, honestly. nothing agonising, nothing crazy... just one you come out of the piercer's and go 'hmm... that actually hurt.' and forget about a while later.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I got my penis done back in 2002.
    Man did that bring tears to my eyes.
    Lots of pleasure had for the wife though.

Didn't bring any tears to my eyes when I got my PA done. Sore for a second, then it was grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

I just got mine done yesterday in Bodyshock and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was waiting for about 20 minutes or a half hour as the girl before me was getting her nape done and I was waiting so long that I forgot all about my nerves, so when I went in it took about two minutes. Paddy pushed on the end of my nose a bit, cleaned it out, stuck the clamps on and then pushed the needle through in quick succession. I felt a pop as the needle went through and my eyes watered, but it srsly wasn't that painful. The clamps were worse when he put them on first.

My friend went in with me though and couldn't stop laughing though because of my expression when I felt the needle go through. My eyes went really wide and I had a moment of "Oh ****" as I realised that I had just gotten a hole stuck through my nose and there was no going back and my mam was going to kill me if she found out. Got a niobium retainer put in though and she's none the wiser. It was a bit tender and achey all day yesterday, but it's settled down now and, unless I mess with it, it almost feels like there's nothing there.

Thanks for all the advice you regulars gave me on my thread before btw, sry for just abandoning it.

Also, OP, come back and tell us about it if you get it done. :D

When everyone says OP are they referring to me?
    Sry I'm a bit stupid sometimes lol!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

It's cool, lol. Yeah, OP stands for original poster.

Tiroskan wrote: »
    I just got mine done yesterday in Bodyshock and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be...
    Thanks for all the advice you regulars gave me on my thread before btw, sry for just abandoning it.

Thanks for getting back to us with your experience though, and that's the reason we're all here, we love tattoos/piercings and passing on what we learn about them to keep people as well informed as possible to let them hopefully make the best possible decisions! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

It was the least painful piercing I've gotten! Each to his/her own I guess, but honestly, the pain I felt was less than that of getting your ears pierced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ah the septum. Also had mine done by mark. Pierced in at 2.8mm to start. Now. I HATE nose piercings. Hate getting them done. And you will cry! Nor from pain, just because of the nerve endings the percier will have to press on, so on and so forth. Pain wise, same as anything else. But if you want something so badly, pain shouldn't be a factor, IMO.

I thought having my nostril pierced twice on the same day was one of the most horrific experiences of my life! And I've had bits cut out of me and such! Jayz. But, it's the same as everything else really....

Kay in wildcat Ashbourne is a good friend of mine, and she is wonderful, especially if you're feeling a little nervous. Why not even go in and have a chat with her on it? Ah she's just a little bit deadly alltogether! Very friendly and approachable girl. (Am I trying to advertise Wildcat Ashbourne here? Just a tad!).

My advice is. If you're feelin a little nervous, go and talk to a piercer about getting it done, and trust me, you'll be so wound up with excitement, you'll want it done there and then. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Just had my septum done today my Paddy in bodyshock would recommend it to anyone, first piercing, wasnt that sore really,it was fleeting,
    had it done at 12g,:) black retainer, completely hidden :cool:
    One question i do have is, about ten minutes ago i was just wiping my nose and it flipped over(it was hidden) while trying to turn it, it fell out PANIC!
    i just gave it a quick rinse along with my hands(i had been wearing gloves) and managed to get it back in and flip it back up(an experiance in itself), my main worry is infection seen as it was handled and removed only hours after having it done???
    Im going to give it a clean in a bit
    was a great experiance though, im adding it to BME

unfortunate that it fell out, but least you know how to do it now :)
    Paddy is a good piercer, very fast. I got my first piercing done by him too.
    Just stick to the after care instruction that Paddy/Laura gave ya, you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Thanks Wilburt, put my mind at ease, as i would tend to overthink and worry bout such things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

if you can i would suggest go see mark for piercings, he's based in inkwell now, but he's a brilliant piercer, i'd put my life in his hands. but in regards to septum anyway, when the piercer knows what he's doing it doesnt 'hurt' for instance my friend got it done in galway somewhere and he went thru the cartiladge instead of the bit of skin and that hurt, but thats when its done wrong! try get it done in a place where you know someone else has got it done so you'll know how the piercer handles people.

... are you just here to pimp Vpiercings/inkwell?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

My septum was a breeze (although I had just got a rather tough nostril piercing done right before it, so I might be biased). It's two months old now, though, and it still hurts when things bump against the tip of my nose. Like, a jumper getting caught on it will make my eyes water a little. So be prepared for that!

Advertisement