Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

power socket broken!

Options
  • 17-03-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know how to fix a broken power socket in a car?
    iv just realised it doesnt work, i just got a sat nav and i cant even turn the thing on cause the power supply wont work.
    dont know what to do! feel like iv just wasted 150euro!!!
    can anyone help me?:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Demmo

You're going to need a multimeter to check for voltage. The middle contact on a cigarette lighter socket is the positive. most likely there is a fuse blown for the socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

would they do this in a garage for me? is it hard to fix?

feel so stupid, i havnt got a clue about this stuff!

thanx so much for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

the fuse should be in the small box under the stearin wheel! if im rite it wil be a yellow fuse, there wil be a lillte legend on the back of the plastic cover! dont go to a garage wit this jst pick up a fuse in halfords or sumwhere like it, simple job not even t5 min! cant dumb it down any more than that! not callin u dumb by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

no your grand, thanx very much!
    just got it fixed, my friend had a spare fuse and did it for me!
    its a learning experience!
    thanx!

Advertisement