Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 10 Photography rights in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

That is US Law. Be very very careful in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭bigeoino

Thanks for this. particularly liked this bit I found in the comments (highly relevant to Holy week):-
    Blasphemey (sic) is still illegal in this country, therefore pictures that are consideried (sic) so will get you into all sorts of hot stuff. This extends to artistic photos too.

Photos against public decency or that may attempt to corrupt the public good are also illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ in regards to blasphemy though it is still a "crime" in the Constitution(!) it has never been successfully argued in court and there is no legal definition of what is blasphemy.

The test case that was taken was during the divorce referendum - the court rejected the argument and came close to saying that this provision of the Constitution was unconstitutional.

Not legal advice and it is still possible that you could be sued/prosecuted for blasphemy...but highly, highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oriel wrote: »
    That is US Law. Be very very careful in Ireland.
    agreed, the first two are wrong for a start

• Advertisement

Oriel and Mellor,

Are you saying that the Digital Rights Ireland pamphlet is incorrect ?? I thought that this was specific to Irish law. If it's wrong, can you advise what is correct ??

Bump for Oriel and Mellor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Mellor wrote: »
    agreed, the first two are wrong for a start

Where are you getting that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

They call it a Pamphlet, where can I download this for my camera bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

I was at the Ireland game in Thomond Park last night and I took a couple of pictures of a young Australian girl (about 10 years old) with the scoreboard in the background.
    I wasn't sure about posting them today because I never got permission but after having a look on here I find that I can.

She is clearly a minor so I'm now wondering would she be protected by other child laws not covered here?
    http://www.gaelicimages.com/2009/06/ireland-photography-rights/

Obviously there is nothing defamatory about the pictures. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I wouldn't expect that you would have any legal problem.

A football match in an arena of any sort couldn't lead anyone to believe that they have any expectation of privacy - television cameras, media photographers, and those in the crowd taking shots.

Not a legal opinion but I think you'd be in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect that you would have any legal problem.

A football match in an arena of any sort couldn't lead anyone to believe that they have any expectation of privacy - television cameras, media photographers, and those in the crowd taking shots.

Not a legal opinion but I think you'd be in the clear.

I was thinking that too, just though I'd ask first. To be sure to be sure ........

Advertisement