Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin Airport Car Hire - Laser Payment

Options
  • 17-03-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Back visiting Dublin over the next month and looking to rent a car, can anyone point me in the direction of a site where i can book online via laser?

If not I presume all the major car rentals will accept laser payment at the desk at Dublin Airport?

I really had my heart set on a BMW so any links with fleets including BM's would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Debit cards such as the LASER card aren't generally accepted by car hire companies, they need a credit card where they can make further charges to if necessary, something which isn't possible as far as I know with a LASER card.

I imagine your going to have difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I've actually found companies that accept laser but not for online processing

http://www.irish-car-rental.com/faq.html

Search the page for laser, some do actually except it, however i would rather get all this sorted before collecting the car.

Thanks,

Samba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Enterprise do also.

In fact most companies will, but not for pre-paid jobbies. You have to pay the full price of the rental, plus the excess in advance. When you return, they charge back the excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I rented a car recently using a laser card. Argus rent a car website accept laser payment for the booking deposit. However, you will have to pay the total hire up front when you pick up the car including full insurance and tank of petrol. The petrol cost will be refunded if returned full of fuel.

Advertisement