Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I find paste for a 8800GTX heatsink

• 17-03-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I want to replace the white paste pads that are used to make the connection between the 8800 GTX heatsink and the memory chips. What would be the best stuff to buy to replace this with? I'd use AS5 but i'd need an awful lot of it as the heatsink doesn't quite make a complete connection in some places.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AS5 isn't an adhesive, don't really need to tell you that, you may be able to get away with some kind of regular adhesive pad from Woodies (If I remember correctly, pritt-stik has adhesive pads years ago).

Something like this maybe:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1897&doy=17m3&C=SO&U=strat15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't need an adhesive... these aren't seperate heatsinks. On the stock 8800GTX heatsink there are white pads of TIM that have fibres in them to hold them together. i'm wondering where I could buy this material or maybe a better TIM to do the same job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've some thermal pads that I bought a while ago, I can't remember what the brand was but it wasn't sh!te anyway. I've 25 of them and I think you can put one on top of another to take up any clearance. They're about 1mm thick 20mm x 20mm. You can have them for a fair price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah g'wan, i'll send you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Du-oh! Sorry dude, I really should learn to read posts more carefully. It might actually spare my blushes!

If its any use, Maplin also sell that those thermal pads as well.

Advertisement