Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No logbook

Options
  • 17-03-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what to do..... Friend bought car at a garage and no logbook or documents sent to shannon 2 months later?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Noddywood

The Garage's responsibility.
    If you buy a car from a garage then they send the docs to Shannon with the name and address you give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes but they are not doing it? Seems strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

THE QUESTIONS YOUR FRIEND NEEDS TO ASK:

Do the garage actually have the documentation to the car?

Did the previous owners bring the documentation with them when they traded it in?

Did the garage fill out an RF105 when the previous owners traded in the car? (Is the car currently registered to the garage or the previous owner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭veronica

I bought my car one months ago just got mine but wrong surname.I rang shannon and got two different reports from them one lady said she would send a new form and the other said I must go to Tax office. It took me 3 attempts to get through.So ring them and ask for persons name u are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Theres a form you can get to pass ownership over to you - you need it signed by a solicitor to confirm you're the new owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

veronica wrote: »
    I bought my car one months ago just got mine but wrong surname.I rang shannon and got two different reports from them one lady said she would send a new form and the other said I must go to Tax office. It took me 3 attempts to get through.So ring them and ask for persons name u are dealing with.

there is a box on the back of the reg cert for a change of surname. just fill out your correct surname on the back and tick the relevant box.

Advertisement