Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

silvine wrote: »
    According to http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/860/860324p2.html, it's a lot like the first game.

in a good or bad way? (can't access that link in work)
    is this a good price anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Quote from IGN review
    "As I said previously, the biggest problem that most will have with Vegas 2 is that it doesn’t differentiate itself enough from the first. It doesn’t feel like an expansion pack exactly–-it’s more than that--but it doesn’t feel like a full-fledged sequel either. For those who haven’t taken a stroll down the streets of Sin City than you needn’t look any further than Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but those looking for a sequel that surpasses the original in everyway imaginable will be disappointed."

Might be a while before I pick it up. Still hooked on COD4 and Halo has new maps due next month....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Quote from IGN review
    "As I said previously, the biggest problem that most will have with Vegas 2 is that it doesn’t differentiate itself enough from the first. It doesn’t feel like an expansion pack exactly–-it’s more than that--but it doesn’t feel like a full-fledged sequel either. For those who haven’t taken a stroll down the streets of Sin City than you needn’t look any further than Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but those looking for a sequel that surpasses the original in everyway imaginable will be disappointed."

Might be a while before I pick it up. Still hooked on COD4 and Halo has new maps due next month....

I've not played the previous game in months – so will give this a miss as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

anybody know if there's any mention on the web of comparisons between the 360 and PS3 versions? I can't look for that kinda information from work. I've got both consoles so want to check if there's obvious reasons to get one version over another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I can confirm it's on sale today in Zavvi for €60 as they said above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just ordered mine from Play-Asia for about €37 delivered. Worth the week or two wait

heres my affiliated link if anyones thinking of buying

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2mou-71-dh-49-en-84-j-70-2hl5.html

mise wrote: »
    Just ordered mine from Play-Asia for about €37 delivered. Worth the week or two wait

Why would we need your affiliated link?

This is one game that I was not willing to wait for and had to pick up on
    release day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

UNLOCK EXTRA MAPS

1. go to extras on the menu, then exclusive content, create an ubisoft account and you can download the streets map from vegas 1

2. go to extras on the menu, then comcast gift, type in "comcast faster" to unlock a comcast map

no one needs my affiliated link, but if anyone was thinking of buying from there they could use it... or not

I only mentioned it was affiliated so people would know, and if they didnt want to use it, they could go through the main site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I only mentioned it was affiliated so people would know, and if they didnt want to use it, they could go through the main site

at least you had the decency to say your link was an affiliated link , most just post the link and say nothing.

back to rainbow six vegas 2 : does the 360 version still have the option to scan your face onto your character ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

How does the online on this compare to Army of Two?

Clover wrote: »
    back to rainbow six vegas 2 : does the 360 version still have the option to scan your face onto your character ?

Yes it does - and they've improved how your imported face works with masks,
    caps, hats, etc.
    How does the online on this compare to Army of Two?

R6 Vegas 1 was possibly the best game for the 360 online, I expect this
    to be more of the same - in a good way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my mate bought it for me yesterday, brought it in today, and im in college 9-5, work 6-9, what a horrible day :(

cant wait to get stuck into this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yes it does - and they've improved how your imported face works with masks,
    caps, hats, etc.

I never even knew my 360 version of RB6V1 would do this - not that it'd do me much good as I don't have a camera for the 360.

I do have one for the PS3 though - will Number 2 allow me to do this on the PS3 version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

That Tesco offer of 30% back in vouchers applies to games also. Anyone seen R6V2 for sale in Tesco today and if so how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

on the last mission now i think and overall its the same as the first game, bar the fact that the a.i. on the boys isin't as improved as they say and they still don't respond always when ya ask them to lob grenades or to take cover in a certain area.
    there is a slow down issue with the ps3 version and on the 360 version not so much but it has been very evident 4-5 ocasions for a few mins which is slightly annoying i have to say when it wasn't in the first vegas.(it locked up once for the first time on a game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Branoic wrote: »

I do have one for the PS3 though - will Number 2 allow me to do this on the PS3 version?

yes it will once you have the Playstation Eye plugged into the PS3 , if it is not plugged in you will not see an option for it in the game and you will think it's not in the PS3 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wow this is almost as laggy online as Team Fortress 2, prepare to get raped by American hosts, I've fired entire clips into guys and it had no effect :mad:

A.I. is still rubbish. I remember telling them to rappel down a wall through a window, instead they both rope drop into the building, walk into the room with the terrorists and go to the window i told them to rappel into from inside the bloody room :mad: And on the second mission, one of them got stuck on a puddle :D he couldn't move, don't they have testers for this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

works out at e44 for me ($68) when I checked earlier?

edit: ~e42 on videogames plus. Which would ship quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

sweetie wrote: »
    works out at e44 for me ($68) when I checked earlier?

edit: ~e42 on videogames plus. Which would ship quicker?

videogames plus delivered games for me in four days before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just picked this up. Will be on it all night :) Click the link in my sig for Boards.ie gamertags so we can get people online for games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

wow, its so slow after playing CoD for so long, and the controls are really wrecking my head.
    Online is quite laggy at the moment, and it's very difficult to get into a game.
    Keep getting "Session full" (maybe thats just me) or dropped connection. Good fun when it gets going but it takes a little getting used to. I'm dying a lot lol

Like CoD, there's loads to unlock as you progress through multiplayer

Edit: It seems the session full thing is only on the ranked matches?

@ sweetie: I think the US version is 45, the asian version is 35 or thereabouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This is a great game.......it's just not COD4 though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

argos are not doing it, checked it in work ,rang england warehouse to find out :)

no rainbow 2 :(

although got some nice scoop on gta :P

but its for my ears only

basically when you can start reserving them

I reserved my copy in xtravison weeks ago :rolleyes:

got a free ball too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Branoic wrote: »
    anybody know if there's any mention on the web of comparisons between the 360 and PS3 versions? I can't look for that kinda information from work. I've got both consoles so want to check if there's obvious reasons to get one version over another.

The biggest difference is that the PS3 supports a max of 14 players online, the 360 supports 16 players max. And thats not a lot really, no biggy.

The graphics leave alot of room for improvement, some of the gun models are just about passable, just saw the state of how the Type 05 looks in co-op compared to single player, it's like PS2 graphics.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

bucks73 wrote: »
    That Tesco offer of 30% back in vouchers applies to games also. Anyone seen R6V2 for sale in Tesco today and if so how much?

Its €59.99 in Tesco. Got it last night, not bad at all.
    Still have idiot team mates making the odd silly positioning mistake, and have seen a good few glitches, eg the floating guns; bodies bouncing on the floor when they die; but other than that the sp game is more of the same stuff as RB6V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Finished co-op campaign with a friend over system link on realistic, then completed all of the terrorist hunts with 2 friends on realistic, and got that all done in less than 9 hours. :rolleyes:

Fantastic game, but €60+? not for the time I got out of it!

If your patient buy region free for €37

Now, back to Halo 3..... :D Oh ****, my third xbox is on route to Germany piece of ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked it up today, gonna lash it on in a minute! Got it for 65e in Game with a t-shirt and xbox face plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Still has the same bugs as the last game, I don't even think this game got play tested before release.

Think I'll blitz through it for the weekend and then back to CoD4.

Advertisement