Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Think I'll hold off for the update to be released :/

Or else the pc version. I was hoping it would be good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes it does - and they've improved how your imported face works with masks,
    caps, hats, etc.
    I think I looked a lot better in the first one, or at least a lot more like the real me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yes it does - and they've improved how your imported face works with masks,
    caps, hats, etc.

not for me, my face import makes me look like a balding comb over fat aul fella!! :D

Liking this game alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

faceman wrote: »
    not for me, my face import makes me look like a balding comb over fat aul fella!! :D

Liking this game alot.

You'll just have to unlock the balaclava, ballistic goggles and boonie hat:)

I'm really enjoying this on online co-op.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

THe ranking system is alot better than last time round. The game seems to have gotten a bit tougher and the predictability of the first game A.I. has definitely changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm not playing this online again until they fix the lag, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The Game is great but the lag and general unfogivable nature of the online is breaking my heart. I shot a guy twice with my shotgun only to have him turn a ound and kill me ! Same game i shot a guy in the legs and hes dead instantly !!!! Single player is great on co op. Takes a long time to get out of the COD mindset .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can never get in a game, useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Its only 35.18 EUR on play aisa

Had trouble getting into ranked matches yesterday and when i did it was ruined by campers so just quit.

Most games when launched go through a period of issues with XBL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

got it friday, cant get in any games at all and the one I did get in was so slow. needless to say popped back in cod4 and played that which is such a superb game

Iv been putting in the hours with this game over the last 48 hrs and i gota say its unreal. After friday id say i ran into Lag twice. Thats with my crappy eircom 2MB connection, Terrorist hunt with 4 players on the Villa level is the effin business !The Aces System is more adictive then the actual RB6 Achievments !! The learning curve is seriously steep if you havent played it in a while but its so worth it once you get your mojo back .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VaXXoR

I've only really played the co-op story mode because all the matches I attempted were lagging horribley but this was day's ago. I have 6MB connection and am going to get back to playing in my spare time. All together it's a great game.

Ive only seen about 2 laggy games since i got this. Although i had trouble joining ranked matches on friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

VaXXoR wrote: »
    I've only really played the co-op story mode because all the matches I attempted were lagging horribley but this was day's ago. I have 6MB connection and am going to get back to playing in my spare time. All together it's a great game.

What is your upload speed though?

Standard 256/512 crappy upload in Ireland maybe causing the problems Irish users experience online.

I have IBB Breeze Fixed Wireless 2Mb up/down and most online is fine for me. I've not bought this game online yet. My BB is acting up at the moment too so I wouldn't be able to fix try it even if I had the game :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dirty Dave

Played about 12 hours online myself and haven't had any problems with lag - using a 2 meg NTL connection.

Its really easy to see the people in COD 4 mode! :D Charging around, getting shot! I've even had one or two people try to knife me! :eek:

Class game - best and most realistic tactical shooter around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have to agree...I am preferring it to COD4 at the moment.

Yeah and those guys trying to knife you are hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ricky Roma

Vegas and COD4 , both quality games but VERY different gameplay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

does anyone else get this problem

when the game loads up terrorist hunt or single player, any game type, the graphics are gone? you have like the basic blank grey models for a few seconds?

this was a constant problem in rainbow 1, youd think they woulda ucking fixed it

good game really enjoying it, wanna get well cracked in tonight though

was never big into online rainbow, registry always seemed lame and crap

might give it a bash

game still has online annoying tendencies, when playing with friendsl graphics look less then up to scratch

and the movement is really mechanical, not flood frames per sec like cod, it seems clunky and chunky, and not very good looking

pity, gameplay is amazing, but graphichally, with whats out, its a bit behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

RS 6 Las vegas was definitely my fav of the year, this one is grand, but it could of being better, it feels rushed, the bar was definitely raised by COD4
    The graphics aren't as good, there are a few bugs in the single player mode and it isn't hard enough on realistic, although i was flanked once or twice which was quiet clever and the ability to run and cover feels like GOW..but the controls seem awkward compared to cod4, they still have grenade as 'B', which is a pain when you use the snake cam a lot, you can't quick weapon switch when you run out of ammo on your primary weapon either, if your in mid reload your gone

as for online its grand, the usual lag...although being sniped from halfway across the map by a guy with a desert eagle doesn't seem all that realistic, so it will need an update to iron out all the glitches and bug/features

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

it was ruined by campers

This is what has ruined this game - I'm gonna complete the single player and trade it in for something else. "Most disappointing game of the year":(

Single player offline can be very slow - frame-rate issues when there's a lot of action going on and graphics ain't that hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ruined by campers so just quit.

Eh? I'm not up the lingo! what's that mean exactly?
    land9 wrote: »
    I'm gonna complete the single player and trade it in for something else. "Most disappointing game of the year":(

If that's the case then why bother even finishing it?

Because the single player is ok - it's when I go online, have trouble connecting and then have to put up with @ss-holes camping and spawn-camping, it puts me off.

COD4 is the only game for me til GTA4 hits the shelves!

Camping - staying in the one spot with your gun trained in a particular area and just shooting whoever walks in front of you.

Spawn-camping - making your way to where the opposition spawn after they die, and go on a rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

you can't quick weapon switch when you run out of ammo on your primary weapon either, if your in mid reload your gone

Tapping 'Left Bumper' will cancel reloading - handy if you're caught short
    whilst reloading a partially empty mag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Tapping 'Left Bumper' will cancel reloading - handy if you're caught short
    whilst reloading a partially empty mag.

ah, nice one..

land9 wrote: »

Camping - staying in the one spot with your gun trained in a particular area and just shooting whoever walks in front of you.I]

In Fairness Camping is kind of a Rainbow Six Standard its not a game where you can run an gun. Spawn Camping on the other hand should be punishable by death.

Whats everyones set up? what Armor are ye using and guns? Im Partial to the Spas Shotgun and Desert Eagle for the smaller Maps! I also have loads of armour on my mobility is one bar ! I think its the Anaconda armour. I goda say im not one bit dissapointed in this game.Majority of people i speak with on xbl say the same.

RAIN wrote: »
    In Fairness Camping is kind of a Rainbow Six Standard its not a game where you can run an gun.

COD4 has me ruined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well have to say after last nights play my view has changed of this game

played a co-op online and it was immense, odd lag and frame issues, but it was so much fun.

Still leaves me wanting online i dont like it really online.

its a good game worth the purchase, but like its been said cod4 has raised the bar

im using the m4 assault rifle with acog scope, raging bull and ump with red dot.

light recon body armour colour black

long sleeve shirt navy with navy pants

sunglasses and backwards baseball cap navy

basically i msetup as swat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I played it for a bit for the first time last night. The couple of games I played online were either unbalanced teams or spawncamping. Im going to play the co-op story mode and hopefully that will be better fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Rented the game and doing co-op at the mo.

I have to say the graphics are really bad.

im sort of liking the game.

But the game was defo rushed.

Advertisement