Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone price difference UK & Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You are aware Vodafone Ireland is a completely different company to Vodafone uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

WTF???
    Looking at phone in Irish vodafone shop here
    https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=21071&offerSelected=prepayporting&action=view
    (€159)
    and as I am over to visit family in the uk,I thought I might take advantage of a more favourable price here on uk vodafone site for same phone!
    http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?go=payasyoutalk.productdetails&pid=599
    (£72)
    91.6377 EUR from xe.com

This sort of thing really peeezzzz me off!!!
    Thats a huge saving of almost 60€!!!
    Why is it that usually uk companies come into Ireland and the difference between their UK & Irish operation for service and choice is like chalk and cheese???
    Up to Norn Iron for me in the future!!!!
    slan
    La feile Padraig!
    :confused::D:(:mad:

you seem surprised? do you think that you should get the phone for the same price in ireland as the uk, or germany, or italy, ot the US,etc?

ireland has a smaller population than the uk, there arent as many phone providers, which means less competition, and so on. this has always been the case. just like when you go to the US you pick up a lot of stuff for a fraction of the price they are here. you can hardly expect everything to be the same price in each country you go to.

if you really feel like getting annoyed about pricing differences, then check out the price difference for the Apple iPhone between here and other countries. now that is a scandal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

80€ cheaper in uk for 16gb version!!!
    j
    where so far is the cheapest place in europe/USA to pick one up?
    j:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

80€ cheaper in uk for 16gb version!!!
    j
    where so far is the cheapest place in europe/USA to pick one up?
    j:confused:

it is ridiculous alright. and if you take into account the price difference for the calls and texts you would be looking at it costing an extra few hundred euro a year more in ireland.

i would have thought ebay would be the best chance of getting one cheap but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its not that simple. You're ignoring the higher rate of VAT on electronic goods here. There may be other cost associated charges caused by being based in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

The only relevant reply is SDooms. They are different companies competing in different markets. Any price comparison is meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

If I want to buy something and it is signifiicantly cheaper somewhere else,I will buy it and I will notify people about it.
    Its called helping a brother out!
    j;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

If I want to buy something and it is signifiicantly cheaper somewhere else,I will buy it and I will notify people about it.
    Its called helping a brother out!
    j;)

In that case you should post it in Bargain Alerts.

Advertisement