Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel balanc for Alloys.

Options
  • 17-03-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

My 4 x 4 was aken off road, and went thru some heavy mucking.

There is a the common wobble in the steering wheel that is common when the front wheels are not balanced correctly, i presume they were lost in the muck during wheel spin!

Are the lead weights put on alloys like normal wheels or is it different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

The weights are differant from the ones that are used on steel wheels.

There are two differant types of weights for alloyes depending on what type of wheels they are they could be stuck on or hammerd on.

Any tyre repair shop will have both types.

Did you give the wheels a good power washing might be just a build up of muck on the inside of the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The weights are differant from the ones that are used on steel wheels.

There are two differant types of weights for alloyes depending on what type of wheels they are they could be stuck on or hammerd on.

Any tyre repair shop will have both types.

Did you give the wheels a good power washing might be just a build up of muck on the inside of the wheels.

Yea, but now that i think of it there is still a few lumps left inside.

Thanks for your Help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Muck is causing the imbalance, not the loss of weights, imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

esel.. correct ;)

I had a closer look and the inner rim behing the spokes on one wheel had a nice coating of muck on it..

Got me a nice big stick and went to work :D

Problem solved :D

Advertisement