Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

65nm Chip?

• 17-03-2008 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting a Xbox 360 Elite and I went into gamestop, but id heard about this new 65nm chip thats better for the console, it makes it more reliable. So I checked the MFR date and it said 14 of Sep 2007. Does this mean it has the new chip or is there a way to check, obviously without opening it up or something.
    Also does anyone know the Xbox 360 bundle deal offers in XTRAVISION like what games you get and extras at what price? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

someone will probably correct me on this but i think one of the main selling points of the elite is that it uses the 64nm chip and thus is less likely to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Cremo wrote: »
    someone will probably correct me on this but i think one of the main selling points of the elite is that it uses the 64nm chip and thus is less likely to break.
    But is this all the elites as I heard that Chip only came out during like the August/September batch of Elites? Am I wrong or does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Thanks for that, strange thing though, The Power Brick and Box Say 203watt but on the tag the Team FDOU, its made after 8/24/07 (I checked that by looking at the MFR date on the back of 360) and the Lot number is 0737. I hope this means I might have the Falcon Chip. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,606 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

The early Elites (when they first launched) were still 90nm tech and drew 203W..........only real difference were that they had the re-configured heatsink that has made its way through the 360 range and repaired consoles..

Not long after they launched over here the Falcon started making its way into Elites first and then across the other models..

You can go by manufacturing date and build team, but in the end the most important tell sign is the 175W requirement (both on the console and the power brick), as others have stated there can be a mismatch with the packaging so you really need to see for yourself first hand, but most new inventory should be up to spec..

Funny reading this thread, as only yesterday my launch Elite gave up the ghost (graphic corruption, freezing, refusal to power on etc etc) and I whipped it straight down to the shop to get it replaced within an hour. Replacement system is a Falcon board (i.e. 175W requirement) with a manufacture date of late Oct 2007 and is Lot 0742 FDOU..
    Not exactly the quality I was expecting either............louder than the previous launch Elite on the dashboard (not far of my old launch 360) and even with the BenQ drive, (same as busted Elite) the drive noise is still unacceptable..

In the long run, don't go for an Elite for the sole purpose of reliability/noise issue as they can be as random as any of the other models..........the 65nm system may or may not affect the reliabilty, as IMO the 360 carries a serious design flaw anyway which won't be really tackled until the next revision, but the less power drawn means less heat to dissipate.............so in theory...

• Advertisement
Advertisement