Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballymount exit speed camera northbound working?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

It was dark about 9pm and there was a flash as I passed the Ballymount exit heading northbound.

Is that camera working?
    My GF has a Polish license - if I get a fine can I claim she was driving?

Its still on an English plate and I havnt VRT yet, so should I stall another week to do it?

How strict are the law on a UK plated car? Will I get away with a UK plate for a month if Im stopped? Like if I do have a draft made out to the Revenue on me for example. Im ready to post it osifer.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

worded wrote: »
    It was dark about 9pm and there was a flash as I passed the Ballymount exit heading northbound.

Is that camera working?
    There is no camera at Ballymount. There is one just north of the tallaght on-ramp as you head northbound.
    My GF has a Polish license - if I get a fine can I claim she was driving?
    No because this is illegal.
    Its still on an English plate and I havnt VRT yet, so should I stall another week to do it?
    Why? The VRT rates are unlikely to change significantly and may change for the worse (from your perspective). Anyhow, its meant to have been registered within one working day of its arrival here.
    How strict are the law on a UK plated car? Will I get away with a UK plate for a month if Im stopped? Like if I do have a draft made out to the Revenue on me for example. Im ready to post it osifer.
    I gather that they are quite strict. Hopefully I'm right. I pay my taxes. Why shouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Ignoring the legalities of the situation..... and treating it as a pure hypothetical situation where your gf actually had been driving...
    From a legal point of view, if your gf declares to have been the driver in question on the date in question, then she would receive a fine but no penalty points.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,856 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ignoring the legalities of the situation..... and treating it as a pure hypothetical situation where your gf actually had been driving...
    From a legal point of view, if your gf declares to have been the driver in question on the date in question, then she would receive a fine but no penalty points.

well, she would get points, but on a virtual irish license, so if she ever changed her license to an Irish one the points would be waiting for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Tauren wrote: »
    well, she would get points, but on a virtual irish license, so if she ever changed her license to an Irish one the points would be waiting for her.

I dont think there is any advantage of her getting an Irish License.

kbannon wrote: »
    There is no camera at Ballymount. There is one just north of the tallaght on-ramp as you head northbound.
    No because this is illegal.
    Why? The VRT rates are unlikely to change significantly and may change for the worse (from your perspective). Anyhow, its meant to have been registered within one working day of its arrival here.
    I gather that they are quite strict. Hopefully I'm right. I pay my taxes. Why shouldn't you?

I will pay VRT - have the bank draft, my reason for stalling is with regard to the speed camera flash. UK reg (no Irish reg pending) could = the cops ignoring the photo.

The place where the camera was - just before the Ballymount on ramp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

It might just have been a firework anyway. Did it flash once or twice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

To be honest, given that it is paddys weekend.... i would not be surprised if it was working....

Omcd wrote: »
    It might just have been a firework anyway. Did it flash once or twice ?

I think it went twice. There was myself and another car going past, I was in the overtaking lane.

Advertisement