Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway around the 480p rule on dvd playback?

Options
  • 17-03-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Started playing dvd's on vista today and they won't display on my tv ,if the display is over 480p on hdmi:mad:

It's annoying having the display set to 480 all the time ,is there anyway around this by buying a codec or patch from anywhere ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

are dvds not 576p, 400p looks like US resolution

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Theres some sort of inbuilt protection (macrovision) in the nvidia driver ,that won't allow vista to display dvd's through HDMI ,if the resolution is set above 480.

I don't know exactly what its suppose to be doing ,because when I put on a dvd 720 is coming up on my tv.
    But in order to view dvd's ,I must my have my htpc at 480 all the time.

I know it's only a written rule somewhere in the driver/software ,but surely hdmi is good enough to know when recording is going on:rolleyes:

Advertisement