Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Iphone Unlock thread wayyy to big

Options
  • 17-03-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

This thread is the main place where people come to ask iphone questions. Does it not seem stupid that the thread is reaching its 5000th post.

The problem is a post about the iphone is unanswered for a few hours, several other posts will remove that post at least a page or two back, and it will be forgotten about.

Any chance of including an iphone sub-thread.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the big thread is for sourcing/unlocking only, all other questions should get a thread of their own. but that's just my opinon.

people post regular iphone questions there as they know they'll get a quicker answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the topic of the thread is: iPhone Unlock / Sourcing (non-subscription) [Post these questions here *ONLY* !!!] i don't know why people are posting other questions in there

on a daily basis i have to merge Apple iPhone Unlock / Sourcing questions into it, but i'm currently going to just lock and highlight the existance of the thread for new posts related to Apple iPhone Unlock / Sourcing, as merging take longer for me and hopefully people will get the message

there is a thread search facility that people can make use of to go through the specific thread no matter how many posts are in it

I don't see the point of a sub-forum as yet, there are about as many N95 threads and iPhone threads, so unless people want to start sub forums for every 'hot' device i'm not convinced... also the volume of iPhone threads increased at announcement, US launch, (somewhat at UK launch), and Irish launch - it calmed down again after each one and more than likely will do again... i'd leave it a while before making a sub-forum to see if the volume of posts require it after the latest 'peak'...

IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just post in the mac forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Just post in the mac forum

What does the iphone have to do with the mac operating system other than the same brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Nothing. However, the mac forum plays host to discussion on any and every apple-related topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there is also a n95 mega-merge-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

kyub wrote: »
    What does the iphone have to do with the mac operating system other than the same brand?

Because the mac operating system is only one facet of the Cult of Jobs, you see.

Advertisement