Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting from O2 to O2?

• 17-03-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I recently got one of those free simcards from O2, who are my current mobile network. The number that came with the sim is a really good number which I'd like to use.

Only problem is, I have a load of credit left on my current O2 sim and I'm also using the Early Bird tariff, which I'd like to stay on, but O2 no longer provides this tariff with new simcards.

Is it possible for O2 to port the number of this new sim to my current O2 sim without any problem? Or will I have to go the long way round and port this number to Meteor and then back again?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

AFAIK you cannot port to the same network...

Anyways, when you port you loose the credit anway.. Just register and activate the Sim and keep it active and then switch when you have used your credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

The credit and the tariff are both linked to the phone number, so there's isn't really a solution to your problem (having the cool number on the early bird tarriff) no matter how many times or ways you port! You could switch that number to your existing sim card, but you would then have the new number's credit balance and tariff. I don't know if O2 make exceptions with the old tariffs, they might switch the new number over to the old one, but judging from how much they're pushing the new 'experience' tariff I'm guessing that you won't be able to switch to a legacy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Give customer care a call and plead your case. The T&C say you can't do it but someone might take pity on you and help out. Can't hurt to try.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

random wrote: »
    Give customer care a call and plead your case. The T&C say you can't do it but someone might take pity on you and help out. Can't hurt to try.

Best advice on the thread. As an ex- employee, I don't hold out much chances for you, but you never know.

Advertisement