Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting deposit back

Options
  • 17-03-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Evening and Happy Paddy’s…

Here’s the story,

Viewed a house and decided to rent it from the agents, called in following day and gave them 1months rent (€1000) to which they gave me a receipt, with signing a lease due next week. i.e nothing signed as of now.

Circumstances over the week-end have it that we can’t now move in.

Basically I want to know can and will the agent give me the full deposit back when I call in tomorrow????

Money in short demand so I hope he has to.

Any views on it?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I would of thought a deposit was to secure the house until a contract is signed, and after that to replace damages at the end of the contract. Just my thoughts but I fear you maybe 1000 out of pocket.
    On the bright side :pac: [SIZE=-2]wocka-wocka[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Thats not good..

I would have thought that lack of any contract signed would be in my favour and possibly all they could claim is loss of viewings...

Any one else have an opinon???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

You are entitled to your deposit back. It happens in the case of intended sales all the time. The purchaser gets his deposit back!

Advertisement