Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New games

Options
  • 17-03-2008 9:50pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for new or recent games?

Sorry if it's a bit of a generic question but I just bought a new laptop and it came with a games graphics card etc so I wouldn't mind getting a few games to see how it runs.

I like games that require a bit of thinking, have a bit of a sense of humour or interesting story and which you can play for just a few minutes or a few hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I like games that require a bit of thinking, have a bit of a sense of humour or interesting story and which you can play for just a few minutes or a few hours.

Uhhhh.. Portal....
    Steam told me it will be coming standalone soon, if you don't wanna buy the orange box (Which you should).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

go to steampowered.com
    download steam and then buy the orange box its like 5 brilliant games, portal included.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

+1, get the orange box. Portal is exactly what you need.
    You also get all the Half-life 2 games (HL2 and episodes 1 and 2) which are fantastic and Team Fortress 2 which is just hilarious and great fun. (its a class based online shooter) The source engine is pretty scalable too so your laptop should eat it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Burga Galti

In the non-valve category - I can recommend Prey. Lot's of 3D puzzle type bits involving gravity manipulation, a fair sense of humor and it's easy enough to pick up and put down.

Best part is, if you head into GAME it's currently part of a 3 for €15 deal so it's dirt cheap too (provided you can find another 2 games).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The majority have spoken it seems. Thanks for that. Do those games work with just a keyboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Nope, mouse is needed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The majority have spoken it seems. Thanks for that. Do those games work with just a keyboard?

/o\

Advertisement