Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6pm News-animals in Parade

Options
  • 17-03-2008 10:25pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

I just thought it was great to see on the 6pm news on RTE1 today, one of the parades in the country featured animals from (I'm not sure) the ispca or an Animal rescue.

I just wondered if anybody else thought it was a superb way to highlight the work being done by many kind people.

Well done to the participants;););)

Fair Play to rte and tv3 also for including heartwarming animal stories on the news of late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

That would have been the Athlone one if you're referring to a shed load of dogs being walked, they were from the Athlone SPCA.

They were one of the highlights of an otherwise mediocre parade (since I missed the giant Podge and Rodge)

The other highlight was the God Squad bus breaking down beside Dunnes on the way up from Golden Island shopping centre.

I heard there was another parade that had no motorised vehicles, it was all either pedal power or horse power (the big New York parade in Ireland is like this too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Demonique wrote: »
    The other highlight was the God Squad bus breaking down beside Dunnes on the way up from Golden Island shopping centre.

Hilarious!!:D

Advertisement