Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving in to Temptation

• 17-03-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I am off them two weeks tomorrow, but was cleaning the house yesterday and found an old box under the couch with one in it (for shame at the dirt of my house :o). the temptation of it was too much, i sat on the floor with it for twenty minutes, slowly sliding toward the fireplace to where matches are.
    Another five minutes and i lit it, and unbelieveable it was rank, I mean really rank, probably because it was so old, but i am delighted, when I lit it i was sure that I would have to have twenty more, i took two drags and threw it in the fire, and felt stupid for even lighting it.

I think I just might leave smelly old fags around some more, might be more willing to steer clear.

Drink seems to be everyone else's temptation? So just have to get over that hurdle next.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Im off them since August 06, but there was an incident about a year ago where I was in a petrol station shop getting a coffee from the machine and there on the counter was a fresh unopened still in the cellophane pack of 20 Silk Cut purple.

The pack practically spoke to me - "pick me up, go ahead....":eek:

When I picked up the pack (to hand in at the counter) it spoke to me louder!

I found myself trying to rationalise and reason with myself untill finally with a great effort I handed in the pack at the counter and got the hell out of there.

I couldnt say I suffered from temptation really before or after this incident, but there you go..........

Advertisement