Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Running a Ford Transit on Veggi oil / Diesel mixture.

Options
  • 18-03-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I believe the newer model Ford Transit will run successfully on a Veggi oil / Diesel mixture. Anyone know the ratio and is there any special filters required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Does anyone know the legal situation with using some vegetable oil in the diesel tank?
    In the UK for example you can legally use up to 2500 litres annually, but i cant find any info on ireland's stance at all.
    If one were to have a few litres in the tank whilst being dipped by customs what would the scenario be?
    Read something once that said you can only pay the tax on the fuel at the end of the year, so the customs cant do anything if you say you intend to pay it at the end of the tax year.
    This sounds good in theory but i wouldnt like to be the guy explaining this 'thing you read on somewhere on the internet' to a customs officer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

biko wrote: »
    Cheers, a bit more complicated than I thought, still it would probably pay off (Provided they dont start taxing this stuff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

HJL wrote: »
    Does anyone know the legal situation with using some vegetable oil in the diesel tank?
    In the UK for example you can legally use up to 2500 litres annually, but i cant find any info on ireland's stance at all.
    If one were to have a few litres in the tank whilst being dipped by customs what would the scenario be?
    Read something once that said you can only pay the tax on the fuel at the end of the year, so the customs cant do anything if you say you intend to pay it at the end of the tax year.
    This sounds good in theory but i wouldnt like to be the guy explaining this 'thing you read on somewhere on the internet' to a customs officer!!
    I would say revenue would be green (excuse the pun) on this matter as it is relativly new, give it time when it will get popular and they will pass new laws to tax it and then they will take all the fun out of it :mad:

Advertisement