Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My current shaman build

Options
  • 18-03-2008 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Any comments on it?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hEc0VcMqVsbZxcbt0x

It's a PVE spec obviously. I choose it for high DPS but also survivability when soloing. But thinking of speccing full Ele and sacrificing some survivability. That said I regularly out-DPS shadow priests, frost mages and huntards in Heroics. Fire mages and good rogues can knock the crap out of me which is annoying :D

The other option is to spec Resto ofc - but that would screw me questing and I don't raid at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

PvE

This is still fairly good in PvE but with NS instead of ToW, but raiding you'll probably be wanted to have the totem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'd miss Unrelenting Storm and I'm not convinced on NS tbh. Single cast with 3 min CD - I'd throw that extra point elsewhere.

[edit]ToW is a reason I'm considering tuning my spec for DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Natures Swiftness is the king of burst damage, or burst healing. Combining Elemental Mastery and Natures Swiftness once every 3 minutes can be devastatingly effective. Something that mages can only dream of. So you should enjoy it while you can, especially since its being nerfed in the next patch :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Macros42 wrote: »
    Any comments on it?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hEc0VcMqVsbZxcbt0x

It's a PVE spec obviously. I choose it for high DPS but also survivability when soloing. But thinking of speccing full Ele and sacrificing some survivability. That said I regularly out-DPS shadow priests, frost mages and huntards in Heroics. Fire mages and good rogues can knock the crap out of me which is annoying :D

The other option is to spec Resto ofc - but that would screw me questing and I don't raid at the moment.

They must be fairly crap hunters then :p Ive just started doing heroics regularly and the only thing to beat me is rogues, but warlocks come close if well geared. The worst part is i have to spend alot of time trapping and protecting priests who over heal and dont have threat meters ( concussion shot) that dont know how to use fade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There seems to be a severe shortage of healers for heroics recently so I think I might just respec resto after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I play an elemental Shaman endgame so I might aswel offer some advice.

To have 21 in resto and not go for the 21 point abilty in that tree (NS) is a bit silly. You've basically chosen to have a bit more healing interuption prevention ( still not 100%) instead of an ability that be the difference between winning and losing a battle.

This is my pve build http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Outland&n=Cillianxx
    Specced for raiding with shadow priest - low mana efficiency. Wouldn't recomend this build if your just starting out, stick with some points in UR.
    Also you have no points in any of the spell hit talents you need 16% to be capped and u can get 12% from talents, thats more than any other caster so make use of it. Getting most of your spell hit from talents means you can just focus on getting gear with spell crit and not have to worry about +hit gear.

Also you've got to get elemental focus, with no direct mana regening ability your only hope for sustained dps is the low mana consumption this talent provides. Should also be mentioned that u should try to get high spell crit if u dont already have.

By the way elemtal spec is boring in pve and scheisse in pvp, enjoy ;)

Advertisement