Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Service?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Alri lads, I live in Lucan, currently with Eircom and have only noticed I am been bitten in the arse by them.Last month the bill came to €110 for 2mb home plus(€50) including line rental(€41) .I am paying euphony around €42 for calls so all together about 160 blips a month.Is this a total rip-off?

I have looked around the forum and different sites and seen offers but i ain't quiet sure what to do.I am going to stick with euphony but want to change from Eircom as i feel i can get better value for money.

I am looking for 3mb+,30gb+ download limit
    If anyone has smart telecom in the Lucan area please let me know
    I would be very greatful for any help thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

What type of calls are you making? The likes of UTV and BT offer bundles for all calls in Britain and Ireland, UTV charge only €6.99 for this. Other international calls can be made by Telesavers etc or by VOIP over the broadband. So unless you are making a lot of calls to premium numbers or mobiles almost any deal will get you bill well below €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mongey

I am not worried about my phone calls , just with regards to broadband and switching to smart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Smarts packages are here

http://smarttelecom.ie/residential_package.html

There is no 2 meg package, the lowest is 4 meg for €25 plus another €25 rental. For €80 you could go up to 15 megs and still be paying less than your current arrangement.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Mongey wrote: »
    Alri lads, I live in Lucan, currently with Eircom and have only noticed I am been bitten in the arse by them.Last month the bill came to €110 for 2mb home plus(€50) including line rental(€41) .I am paying euphony around €42 for calls so all together about 160 blips a month.Is this a total rip-off?

Surely you are quoting figures for two months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I've got NTL and Blueface. Breaks down as follows (per month):

Analogue TV €23.50
    Digital Max €9.00
    6 Meg BB €40.00
    Blueface €15.00

Total: €87.50

That's for everything - if you remove Digital and get the lower Broadband you can knock €30 per month off that. And that covers me for unlimited landline calls to Ireland/UK. Sweet.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mongey

dub45 wrote: »
    Surely you are quoting figures for two months?

:o woops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Note that if you change over to Smart you can no longer use another call provider such as euphony for calls. The only options are either Smart themselves or a VoIP provider such as Blueface.

Note that the packages shown on Smart's website include the call package - if you don't want the call package then you pay €10 less per month

Advertisement