Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywehere to watch games that aren't on Sky/Setanta

• 18-03-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Don't worry mods, i'm not asking about net feeds or ought like that, but I am wondering are there any pubs/sports bars that show Prem games that aren't on Sky or Setanta.

I remember when I was over in Newcastle there were a few pubs that would show the 3 o'clock game every Saturday.

Hoping to catch Newcastle/Fulham but know its unlikely.

And before anyone suggests I get a foreign sat subscription, I am already looking into it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Where are you based? Frasers in Dublin is showing it. Its now called Murrays though, top of O'Connell Street.

http://www.murraysbar.eu/sport/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Where are you based? Frasers in Dublin is showing it. Its now called Murrays though, top of O'Connell Street.

http://www.murraysbar.eu/sport/

Ah cheers, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah, based in Dublin so I will check it out.

Do they have different floors or numerous screens, as they list a few games that are on in and around that time?

Does there be much craic in there on a Saturday for the football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Whats that place called under stephens green shopping centre.........o'donoghues is it? My brain is fried today, but thats usually good for showing a number of games, few different screens so it has different games on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ah cheers, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah, based in Dublin so I will check it out.

Do they have different floors or numerous screens, as they list a few games that are on in and around that time?

Does there be much craic in there on a Saturday for the football?

They have plenty of screens, but I've never been there on a Saturday so can't vouch for how it would work. Best off wait for someone more clued-in to post here or give them a ring closer to the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    They have plenty of screens, but I've never been there on a Saturday so can't vouch for how it would work. Best off wait for someone more clued-in to post here or give them a ring closer to the time.

Sound, and cheers again for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's all upstairs in one big room (usually 1 match on downstairs). 2 big screens and I think 3 other telly's. All showing different matches/sports if there's a lot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Frasiers?

:eek:

Lovely place altogether.

Isn't it the Celtic Supporters Club home eb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No it's moved to Trivia bar on Westmoreland st. I'm calling it Trivia bar but I've heard about 5 names for it.

I never really understood the bad rep Frasers had though. Never had any problems in there. In saying that 3 hours is all I'd be there for. Some nice women in there when Barca played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

eirebhoy wrote: »
    No it's moved to Trivia bar on Westmoreland st. I'm calling it Trivia bar but I've heard about 5 names for it..

just so you know, the pub itself is called o sullivans and the nightclub downstairs us called trivia(or should i say triv?a-best nightclub in dublin imho)

but getting back on topic, if theres a celtic match on at the same time dont try o sulivans because the celtic supporters club have that booked! ruaille buaille (formerly major toms) just up from stephens green (the pub downstairs past wagamamma) will probably show it!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

This is very handy.
    http://www.sports-in-bars.ie/
    The woolshed and the living room on the northside and the czech inn on the southside are all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Czech Inn is a quality pub.
    Czech beers on tap.
    Czeh women on tap.
    Football on the tellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Waster wrote: »
    This is very handy.
    http://www.sports-in-bars.ie/
    The woolshed and the living room on the northside and the czech inn on the southside are all good.

gotta +1 for the woolshed! best place to go to wath sports, come great craic in there!

Advertisement