Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso Van

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bigkev49 wrote: »
    German style plates?
    Yep german stlye plates :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

If they let you away with it then it's safe to say that the cameras can read them ok.
    You will fail an NCT test with non-standard plates though !
    Yeah someone told me but i wont have the car till its first nct as its a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

You'd be surprised how often they don't nail people who are speeding. A very good friend of mine is a Gaurd and she said that the equipment is really hard to use and when they take the two shots(done in quick succession), you're plates have to be dead centre or they're rejected, a good clear shot with minimal other objects in the shot.
    So don't give up hope

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can the fixed speed cameras only catch you if you're breaking the speed limit as you cross the lines, or do they detect your speed before and after too? Just curious ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

cormie wrote: »
    Can the fixed speed cameras only catch you if you're breaking the speed limit as you cross the lines, or do they detect your speed before and after too? Just curious ;)

only after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Only way to avoid points is foreign licence or * i ain't postin here *;) ..

Care to divulge? ;)

Advertisement