Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Servers.

• 18-03-2008 1:06am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What servers do you play online?
    I always end up playing on random ones. When I want to play a game with Irish people I can only find.
    IE(five million people playing so just mess about, would prefer a smaller game, more match orientated.), The Fighting Irish and IBF2. all these servers are too empty, have too many players etc.

What are your favourite servers? Irish or otherwise. Better people the better. Would you just play in your clans server etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Of course we play on the =)BiT(= server quite a bit, but the only other server I have found that is really good is Texas Hell, but as the name suggest the server is based in Texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Play On our own BTC server or the BiT server ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Yeah, dont like our TDM, prefer a smaller S&D with skilled players. Found a few that also run pam but arent regularly full which is kinda annoying. We do have a S&D server but is also hard to fill. Too much hardcore servers so dont really find any good ones.

edit: stick to the auld scrims i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Feel free to add your server ip's in here, they might get more of a look from the irish players if they know the addresses. I for one would like some more local servers, mostly cause my ping is pang atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Yup just play lots and I mean lots of scrims!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tried Bit and Btc, neither worked, one was down, one was empty. :)

Might try Scrims, never really did any before.

I saw that edit christophicus. :-p

Yeah I thought you might have :D . Thought it better just to keep my mouth shut.

I don't know if ours was the empty server of the one that was down, but we were having problems with our server, the Hdd was dieing. Now we are on a new rig and up and running, the new IP is 217.163.29.107 :D
    /connect 217.163.29.107

Best thing to do is to get Xfire and connect to people off of that rather then going into specific servers. I know with us anyway we tend to move around different servers quite often.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I would usually but I just play in a net cafe twice a week for now.

Thanks. Yours was the one that was down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , our BTC one is empty because all of us seem to be playing Project Torque atm . We can be hit and miss as regards the server being busy , Thursday night is about the only night I am sure of people being on it .

Thanks,
    I am a tuesday and wednesday COD4er. The rest of the week in warcraft III.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

anyone who uses Steam, add me smtl (note: you don't have to have bought the game through steam to use steam chat etc)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

JavaBear wrote: »
    anyone who uses Steam, add me smtl (note: you don't have to have bought the game through steam to use steam chat etc)

Just use xfire, much better

^^^ Agreed, but I have added you to steam JavaBear .

Advertisement