Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a scam!

• 18-03-2008 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

If you visit this site hxxp://xpantivirus.com/2008/2/_freescan.php?aid=880224 (DON'T unless you want lots of viri!) you get a page that scans your computer, (alledgidly) and then offers to clean it. Don't do it!

You will just get more virus.

Just a heads up, the site was listed in the sites that visited my website, I was curious! Just in case anyone else sees the site it is listed at hxxp://www.creditreportbuddy.net so don't visit it!

DJ Spider

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I just visited it out of curiosity :p.........the beauty of linux :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I just visited it out of curiosity :p

LOL bet you are one of those people who if I gave a piece of paper saying don't turn this over you would! Glad you were using Linux, to anyone else.....DON'T CLICK THE LINK! (Unless you want nasty viri!) :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It does sound annoying tho:
    A new rogue, known as XP AntiVirus or XPAntiVirus, has been making the rounds. Typical of fraudware, this rogue anti-virus software creates registry entries for fake, non-existent malware that it then “detects” when it scans your PC. This tactic is used to scare you into purchasing the software.

While the program does come with a removal option, when PC users attempt to uninstall it, XP AntiVirus will start up again the next time they reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Can you please edit the links so that they aren't live, ie : put it as hxxp instead of http

People will click on them otherwise even with your warning, and will get infected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Done! I know the guillabilty of some people eh? Will remember to kill links in future. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement