Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JT lenses

• 18-03-2008 5:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

ok lads need a little help ,use a jt headshield for airsoft ,:o and i need some replacement lenses ,is there any paintball supply shops here that stock them or can i only get them on line,
    also can you replace the band on the goggles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

hi ya gatling. Both lenses and straps are availible from www.maxssport.de . they are the only JT retailer i know of, there are none in ireland. Click on the small union jack in the corner for english ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Gatling wrote: »
    ok lads need a little help ,use a jt headshield for airsoft ,:o and i need some replacement lenses ,is there any paintball supply shops here that stock them or can i only get them on line,
    also can you replace the band on the goggles

I have extra V-Force Vantage Pro Mask. Never used. I think will be cheaper than buying lenses only from Germany.

you can't compare a vantage to a jt flex headshield.

ion c wrote: »
    you can't compare a vantage to a jt flex headshield.

Man relax. He is playing airsoft. No one is going to throw stones in his face. I know that you speedball guys have all the fancy, very expensive gear - because you need it or just want to have it. So what is the point of spending 30euro or more on lenses when u can have the whole mask for that money, just comon sense. I personaly change the whole mask every 9months because cost of lenses only is irrelevant.

andros wrote: »
    Man relax. He is playing airsoft.

That is why I assume Gatling likes the head shield. For the added protection. My personal choice of equipment is irrevelant here. I am basically saying that a JT flex is a better and more comfortable mask than a Vantage. Thats from personal experience.
    A new lens will not cost 30, maybe a chrome one yes but a clear one will be 12e and a strap 11e. 23e to keep his old mask in good nick versus a second hand mask for 30e?????? How does that not make sense?
    Players tend to change the lenses rather than the mask in speedball more often because a highend mask will set you back at least 70e. If you play paintball competitively and take it more seriously you appreciate the superior quality such a mask brings such as lighter weight, no fogging, bounces and less interferance with your senses along with general comfort and style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

lads lads lads ,

thanks for the advice and the link ion c you too andros

i really do like my headshield very comfortable and lightweight ,thats a big +,

im just looking for the lens and a new strap ive removed the goggles from the headshield ,so i can use them separetly,

like the idea of the different clooured lenses ,handy for low light conditions,

must make my way to a speedball event in the next while

ion c wrote: »
    andros wrote: »
    Man relax. He is playing airsoft.

That is why I assume Gatling likes the head shield. For the added protection. My personal choice of equipment is irrevelant here. I am basically saying that a JT flex is a better and more comfortable mask than a Vantage. Thats from personal experience.
    A new lens will not cost 30, maybe a chrome one yes but a clear one will be 12e and a strap 11e. 23e to keep his old mask in good nick versus a second hand mask for 30e?????? How does that not make sense?
    Players tend to change the lenses rather than the mask in speedball more often because a highend mask will set you back at least 70e. If you play paintball competitively and take it more seriously you appreciate the superior quality such a mask brings such as lighter weight, no fogging, bounces and less interferance with your senses along with general comfort and style.

Relax. Relax. Who said mask is second hand??? That's the first thing. Second thing about fogging, yes? For 4years I use masks which doesn't cost more than 35e and have no problem with fogging, how that happened? Bud I'm not here to start argument with you.

Gatling wrote: »
    lads lads lads ,

thanks for the advice and the link ion c you too andros

i really do like my headshield very comfortable and lightweight ,thats a big +,

im just looking for the lens and a new strap ive removed the goggles from the headshield ,so i can use them separetly,

like the idea of the different clooured lenses ,handy for low light conditions,

must make my way to a speedball event in the next while

check http://www.paintballer.ie/ixl for the next irish event in april ;)
    If you fancy playing keep an eye on paintballer.ie for SODs, basically anyone can play there, paint is cheap and there is always LOADS of spare gear floating around.

yeah the yellow lens is good for low light, personally i use a blue fade for mixed weather, clear for low light and an orange chrome for sunny days ;)

Advertisement