Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whay type of water filter do I buy

Options
  • 18-03-2008 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello all,
    I have a problem with my water supply which happens to be a privite well beside my (newly built) house,the well was bored about 18 months ago. There is quite a large amount of limescale in the water as I'm de scaling the kettle every 2-3 weeks and the shower doors do be left with a white residue on them after they dry. Also, I have noticed on some occasions the cutlery has small spots of rust on it after coming out of the dishwasher. I've been told the is due to a high level if Iron in my water supply, is this true??
    So basically what I'm asking is what water filter should I invest in, who supplys them and how much do they cost.

Thanks,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ShowAndGo

Hi there,

The two problems you mentioned are not necessarily related. I think there was another thread on here some time ago about cutlery coming out of the dishwasher with spots of rust …I can’t remember what the reason was but I think it was down to the quality of the cutlery and/or the type dishwater tables user.

I doubt very much if the rust spots are caused by high level of iron in the water. If you had high levels of iron you would see the problem elsewhere like brown stain on shower trays, baths and toilets.

I think the system that you need is one that removes hardness from the water. These come in at about €1000 and you need to buy salt regularly for it.

The best advice I can give is to get your water tested, it will cost somewhere around €130 and it tell you exactly what is wrong with your water. Take the analysis report and send it to a few companies and ask them what system would they recommend and how much it will cost.

PM me if you would like to know the name of the company that I used, I found them very professional and reliable but probably not the cheapest.

Advertisement