Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand shop?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

does anywhere know where there is a second hand shop which accepts clothes?

I have a lot of stuff i brought down with me for work which i dont need and would like to get rid of but dont wanna throw out!

cheers

Kitten

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merchants road halfway down. City side.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Give them to RHG for when he plays dress up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

whats RHG?????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I usually just give in to the Enable Ireland bins (yes I know what sometimes happens). They're in all the carparks of the Galway supermarkets.

As far as I know they all accept clothes in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

whats RHG?????

Red Haired Guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I usually just give in to the Enable Ireland bins (yes I know what sometimes happens). They're in all the carparks of the Galway supermarkets.

As far as I know they all accept clothes in Galway.

thanks for that :)

i suppose that those bags that are delivered up to the house would do!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They would but I don't think any proper charities are using them anymore because there was a big furore last year where people were getting the bags made up and delivering them to the houses and they weren't for charity. The people collecting them would find anything good to sell and dump the rest.

Whatever about people climbing into clothing bins and robbing the clothes (seriously if they want my old jumpers that much they're welcome to them), it just annoys me when people set out to mislead people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

St Vincent De Paul have a clothes drop off point just inside the door of Ozanam House, Augustine Street (between the library and the back of the Eyre Square shopping centre.

There is also a clothes drop off point beside the bottle banks at Dunnes in Westside, and another on the Western Distributor Road near the entrance to Dunnes/B&Q.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement