Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a little help...

Options
  • 18-03-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I have (what I think is) a small problem with the hand brake on my 97 Golf.

When I pull it up, it's grand, the button presses and it stays up no problem.

But when I disengage it, the button goes in ok, but then doesn't pop out again when it goes down.

I have to shake it a bit and then the button pops out so I can use it again.

Anyone any idea on a quick fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

There's nothing to fix there.

Just keep your thumb over the button, pull up the handle, then release the button which will now be under tension....

It's normal enough from my experience to work that way.

The button is only required to release the handbrake when it's under tension - that is, engaging the hand-brake

Gil

Advertisement