Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Demons next year?

• 18-03-2008 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

This time last year there was talk of UCD putting an Ice hockey team together to play in the Irish Ice Hockey Developement league. But it was held up for insurance reason. It would be great if UCD could get the UCD Demons runnig in time for next season. Or maybe UCD students that were interested in playing are already with some of the Dublin team in the league.

either way UCD has a great sporting history and should try get in the league :D
    could be a great wee rivalary with DKIT too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hey Kev,

I was the one who tried to get a club up and running.
    Unfortunately there are a number of problems involved.
    There was interest but when people realise the costs of equipment and travel involved the interest diminished rapidly.
    There is also a serious lack of ice time in the Dome to contend with.

On a brighter note, a number of UCD Med students from Canada play on both the Dublin Rams and the Wolves teams though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

Zamboni wrote: »
    Hey Kev,

I was the one who tried to get a club up and running.
    Unfortunately there are a number of problems involved.
    There was interest but when people realise the costs of equipment and travel involved the interest diminished rapidly.
    There is also a serious lack of ice time in the Dome to contend with.

On a brighter note, a number of UCD Med students from Canada play on both the Dublin Rams and the Wolves teams though.

At least those that are interested have found a place to play. But it would have been good to see UCD students that have never played ice hockey before playing. I thought that with the sporting reputation UCD have anyone that got involved would get the really serious.

It would be serious fun to see UCD vs DKIT sometime soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I have always wanted to do this, give it a go like
    what sort of expense would you be looking at per person

Advertisement