Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn- Celtics Vs Spurs

Options
  • 18-03-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

did anybody see or hear the game last night???

celtics were dwn by 22 in the 2nd quarter, yes 22, then double R had the quarter of his life in the 3rd after Sam Cassel dented the 22point lead, celtics went up by ten in the 3rd only to go down by 7 again.....

anyway come the last few seconds the C's were up by 2 and KG threw the ball away and it ended up in (of all people, late in a game, anywhere in the world) Robert "hit the late 3" Horry.... gladly he missed with 1.something seconds left and the rebound was never grabbed and the C's won by two....it was a very playoff-like game..hmmmmm seasons heating up nicely....

does anybody else agree that that this season is one of the best in recent memory??
    like look at the west, there was 4 teams tied on the same amount of games plus two of the texas triangle(san antonio and dallas are currently sitting in the 6th and 7th seed spots out west, they were joint favourites for the rings this season, its the best season in the past 5 or 6 years by a long stretch, but i would say that with the Celtics doing so well :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

By all accounts, since I've followed the NBA, this is by far and away the most competitive. It looked good at the start of the year, but then surprise teams like the Hornets, Celtics (after the KG trade), Lakers (Bynum suddenly comes of age & they trade for Gasol) etc. suddenly came on-board as well. The east looks decent with the Celtics, Pistons and Cavs there, but the West is awesome. The Rockets have just made it even more interesting with their winning streak. Really really looking forward to the playoffs this year, more so than any time I can remember.

It's rare that the NBA ratings are so high in March in the US as well, especially with March Madness, but people are starting to pay attention early because, especially in the West, every game counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

yeah its an amazing season, my Celtics ended the streak yesterday too...i was listenin to the game on nba.com last night, im shattered in work today but it was worth it, i listened to the game against the spurs the night before too, its crazy staying up to listen to games but as you said the ratings are huge and i dont want to miss a beat either :D
    phil wrote: »
    By all accounts, since I've followed the NBA, this is by far and away the most competitive. It looked good at the start of the year, but then surprise teams like the Hornets, Celtics (after the KG trade), Lakers (Bynum suddenly comes of age & they trade for Gasol) etc. suddenly came on-board as well. The east looks decent with the Celtics, Pistons and Cavs there, but the West is awesome. The Rockets have just made it even more interesting with their winning streak. Really really looking forward to the playoffs this year, more so than any time I can remember.

It's rare that the NBA ratings are so high in March in the US as well, especially with March Madness, but people are starting to pay attention early because, especially in the West, every game counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

This is the best and most competetive Western Conference since the late 80's. I cannot remember a time since the 8th seed the Warriors are 16 games over .500 and still in danger of missing the playoffs because of the nuggets. If they were in the East they would be 4th or 5th seed. Shows you the disaprity

Advertisement