Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shipping from the UK

Options
  • 18-03-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi, this is sort of "motor" related!
    Engine in my car blew up a while back. Had to source 2nd hand one in the UK, which I now have, but I am finding it difficult to get it to Ireland without paying a fortune. Anyone know of a good way to get it over, without breaking the bank? Someone returning from the UK with an empty van would be perfect!
    Any ideas gratefully received.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PM cormie? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I paid £120 STG to ship a pallet from the UK to Ireland. Hardly a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

cjt156 wrote: »
    I paid £120 STG to ship a pallet from the UK to Ireland. Hardly a fortune.
    What did you have on the pallet!? This is a 600lb engine. None of the shippers I spoke to would hardly ship the pallet for 120 pounds. If you could give me details of the company you used I can try them. Please pm me if you don't want to publish details. thanks for your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Day return with a car on Stena is €140.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

podger456 wrote: »
    What did you have on the pallet!? This is a 600lb engine. None of the shippers I spoke to would hardly ship the pallet for 120 pounds. If you could give me details of the company you used I can try them. Please pm me if you don't want to publish details. thanks for your post.

I had a car interior; seats, door-cards etc. Not heavy I'll grant you. But the shippers quoted by the pallet, not by the kilo. I bought it from a dismantler in the midlands & he used his usual shipping company - was delivered this side by JMC Vantrans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just back from the UK this morning, you should have PM'd me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

what size is the engine? as im in the uk (liverpool) at the moment and am taking the ferry back wednesday am. i dont have a van but do have a small hatchback car pm me and i will see what i can do. depensing on the size of the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

cormie wrote: »
    Just back from the UK this morning, you should have PM'd me :pac:
    Thanks for replying. I have a guy from here who will do it door to door for 200 eur, which is pretty good as it's in London, and has a hundred or so miles to travel when it hits Ireland, so I'm pretty happy with that and saves a lot of hassle getting it to an from ferry. Thanks to everyone for their help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's cool, good luck :)

Advertisement