Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Shore Pork

• 18-03-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Tasted this at the weekend at a friends and forgot to get recipe.

It was for Lakeshore Pork. Am tellin ye, I am not a big fan of pork, but this was amazing, lovely creamy hearty stuff (not to be eaten regularly).

Anyone got the recipe?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lakeshore Pork; Avoca Cafe cookbook

1.3kg/3lb diced leg of pork, well trimmed - fillet is even better
    Seasoned flour:flour, salt, pepper,mustard powder and brown sugar
    olive oil
    600ml/1 pint apple juice
    300ml/half a pint of chicken stock
    2 tablespoons of Lakeshore or any other wholegrain mustard
    30ml/ half a pint of cream

Toss the pork in the seasoned flour then brown it in the olive oil in batches.Place in a flameproof casserole dish and cover with the apple juice and stock. Add the mustard and bring to the boil, then transfer to an oven preheated to 180C/350F/gas 4 for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir in the cream and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
    If the sauce is too thin, remove the meat and keep warm. Put the casserole dish over a medium heat and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens. Return the meat to the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I adore Lakeshore Pork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

God I must try that, it looks goood - but what to serve it with? Stringy pasta? Mashed potatoes? Rice? Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In the cookbook they show it served with braised cabbage. That and creamy mash would be lovely. I've never actually made it myself but I've got a longing for it now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Thanks for that dizzyblonde. I might try that one out soon. It looks delicious! I'd definitely make it with mash (with cream if I'm feeling really decadent!) and cabbage or maybe spinach?

My aunt makes lovely pork with double cream and apple cider. It was one of the nicest things I've had. I must get the recipe off her. It made the meat so tender. mmmmm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the recipe!

Will defo be making it soon. Am printing off recipe as I type!

Advertisement