Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner Ad on main page with one komplett add

Options
  • 18-03-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi

this is an issue ive only recently spotted on my browser (FireFox3 b4) on the main page, see screen shot attached. It only seems to happen with that Komplett ad.

Havent tried it on FireFox2, but it doesnt appear on IE6.

Just an FYI.

Ta
    folan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There has been an issue with ff & those ads for a long time.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This seems to be a recurring issue with Firefox betas, can anyone confirm having this problem with the Firefox 2 betas? I recall the same thing happening around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

CuLT wrote: »
    This seems to be a recurring issue with Firefox betas, can anyone confirm having this problem with the Firefox 2 betas? I recall the same thing happening around then.
    Yah, beta 2. I had the same problem. But I installed the web developer toolbar, and after i played with it for a while, I noticed that the problem had mysteriously dissappeared... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The same problem has been happening with Firefox 2 on Mac for ages btw.

/edit: maybe this is a feedback issue for Mozilla developers rather than boards.ie actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Often the problem is that the banner ad creator makes it appear in front as firefox respects convention it's makes it appear in front.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

egan007 wrote: »
    Often the problem is that the banner ad creator makes it appear in front as firefox respects convention it's makes it appear in front.
    I can guarantee this is not the case in this instance, otherwise there'd be no difference between the same ad on Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 Beta 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya i got same prob with Firefox 3 beta 4, but not with firefox 2 and its just the Komplett add

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Front page with FF3 beta 4, not a problem. Dropdown is loading in front of ad.

edit: i take that back - just did it again and it loaded on top. weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this has been effecting me with opera since v9 came out and only ever wiith this add this has been raised as an issue before, but now we have ff users with a problem something might actually be done about it finally .

welcome to my world firefoxers :D

Advertisement