Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Humour.ie

• 18-03-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Has anyone come across this I mode subscription "service"? I'm not getting a text message to which i can respond with a STOP so i'm not sure how to stop these bastards charging me €3 a time. Anyone got any ideas?

pop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

O2 I presume if iMode?

- Go on the O2 Wap/iMode home page.
    - Go to the the My O2 link
    - Go to My Subscriptions (should list all sites you are subscribed to)
    - Click on the site in question and go to bottom of page
    - Click on unsubscribe and confirm etc

This should do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pop.1280

slegs wrote: »
    O2 I presume if iMode?

This should do it.

Thanks. I decided to ring Regtel who directed me to O2 who've now unsubscribed me from the service. I've no idea how i got put on the service and if I didn't check my account online I'd never know that I was being charged. I'm sure there must be loads of people being swindled out of money who don't know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You (or someone using your phone) must have signed up to it at some stage. If you didn't it may be worth reporting to O2 as unlike other services they do claim to keep a tight leash on the iMode service (how it's gone now since it became O2 Mobile Internet I don't know ..)

random wrote: »
    You (or someone using your phone) must have signed up to it at some stage. If you didn't it may be worth reporting to O2 as unlike other services they do claim to keep a tight leash on the iMode service (how it's gone now since it became O2 Mobile Internet I don't know ..)

When I rang O2 they couldn't have cared less. It, Monthly Humour.ie, is an odd service in that you get nothing for it - not even an unfunny joke

I would say this was down to how you approached it on the phone or the agent you were dealing with not caring all that much.

Could try giving them another buzz? Did O2 refund your money? They should at least be able to tell you when you signed up.

• Advertisement

Thanks, but it costs 30 cent to phone them and I think I'd also be wasting my time. The operator just wanted to give me the phone number of the humour people but I thought that would just cost me more money and a headache. I don't believe anything positive would've happened; there was no offer of a refund or any info on when the service was signed up.

If you do fancy chasing it up then emailing customer.care@o2.com will cost you nothing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

slegs wrote: »
    O2 I presume if iMode?

This should do it.

I'm suffering the same problem. Went through all the above steps and in the My Subscriptions section its says I'm not subscribed to anything. I went into 2 O2 shops today and they couldn't help me they said I had to un subscribe myself from the service even though I told them over and over I never siged up to anything and they had no power to block this service from my number.

Sometimes I'm getting 3 texts a day and thats €9 just gone. I didn't realise I was getting charged for these until the other day and I have been getting these texts since before Christmas. O2 have basically washed their hands with me after being with them for 7 years, I know I'm not a bill customer but still, so it's looking like I'll have to buy a new sim because of this.

I'd love to know how I ended up with this so I can avoid it in future because I know for a fact I didn't sign up to it. I don't go online with my phone at all and I don't bother with any ringtone, wallpaper, text alerts gimicks. And I'm 99.9% sure no one else used my phone.

If it's an iMode subscription then O2 should have the option to unsubscribe you from it without you having to do anything on your handset. They were able to do it for me before when I had subscriptions but no handset.

Would suggest you try
    - 1909 and don't take no for an answer. Take down the details of who you speak to and when
    - http://forums.o2online.ie/forums and log your issue there
    - customer.care@o2.com or customer.first@o2.com and log your issue there.

It may also be an idea to contact www.regtel.ie and see if there's anything they can do / suggest for you.

Advertisement