Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

intermittent problem with 2000 A6

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Driving along, car starts to shudder like loss of power, put foot down and very slow pick up. Sometimes revs blip when ticking over. Only happens now and again. Any ideas what it could be?

Serviced 1 month ago.

Audi A6 avant 1.8t 2000 62,000 miles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Could it be the MAF? That sounds pretty similar to a problem I had in my car - though mine had over 100K at that stage.

Edit - not that I'm comparing the two cars by any means, but my Golf had a problem with a sticky throttle something or other - was a quick job to clean it and restore the acceleration (such as it was).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Possibly a faulty throttle body, a regular problem on VAG cars if I'm not mistaken. Another thing is the 1.8 litre engine suffers from cylinder coil failure, I think there was a recall for this a few years ago.

Get the car hooked up to a diagnostic computer to be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Diag computer came back with no issues, would coils show up on this as I did have them replaced in my old GTI but not sure about the A6

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A MAF won't always show up on diagnostics either by the way.

Advertisement