Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clone Hop-Up's

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there much point in changing clone hop-ups? Im thinking of chaning them on my M4 and UMP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Changing the rubber may be worth it, and tightening up the dials to hold their setting.

I find my crappy hop works fine, a bit of tape hear and there to tighten it up and even the worn out rubber is consistently working well.

Tack a few buckings onto an order, bar that they seem ok on the few clones I've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

A simple 3$ guarder hop bucking is usually a good upgrade on any stock hop nub and rubber. A Bigout/Element H-hop nub is another dirt cheap hop that helps quite a bit in most guns. Generally their should be an improvement on the stock hops with an after market one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i got the gaurder hopup set from ehobby, the 50% one i think and its great., noticible difference over the standard one.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

A simple 3$ guarder hop bucking is usually a good upgrade on any stock hop nub and rubber. A Bigout/Element H-hop nub is another dirt cheap hop that helps quite a bit in most guns. Generally their should be an improvement on the stock hops with an after market one.

Have you tried the H-hop? I've got one on the way as I'm curious as to how well they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

NakedDex wrote: »
    Have you tried the H-hop? I've got one on the way as I'm curious as to how well they work?

have a few here at home, tried one in my m4 before but the aeg itself was fubar'd so never really got to test it properly, going to put one in my p90 for this saturday hopefully and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ive tried it in my Aug, it worked very well with a guarder clear rubber, but for some reason wasnt great with my firefly bucking. The H-hop + firefly bucking is supposed to be the daddy of all hop combos but the h-hop wouldnt push down far enough onto the firefly bucking.[the combo would probably work better in other aeg's with different hop systems] and on max setting it was still slightly under hoping. bb's did fly extremely straight though i must say.
    Going to stick it into my mp5k when i open her up.

Advertisement