Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferred from BT to Smart

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i moved from BT to Smart in november last year. Smart told me i didn't need to contact BT, that once they took over the line that would be it.

I get a call from BT last month asking me why i wasn't paying my bills, and they knew nothing of the transfer, and this morning i get a bill for the last 2 months service...???

anyone else experience this, should i have contacted BT myself??

PS: I cancelled the direct debit with them when i moved, as i'd read a few of the horror stories here, so they can't actually take any cash off me, i have to give it to them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Yes unfortunately.

I tried in vain to transfer over to Smart from UTV and it was a catalog of errors from the start.

Smart said they were able to transfer me over seamlessly so I ordered at the end of September and if it wasn't for the fact that I kept chasing them myself I would still be without broadband now. They had a complete misunderstanding of the way the new transfer process worked and I ended up being cancelled by them 3 times with very little communication despite being told it each time it was sorted.

I was fortunate in being able to go back to UTV and they were able to get me up and running within 10 day of me asking to go back to them.

It's a pity as the service looks really good, I just don't trust them to transfer me over without messing it up somehow :mad:

So saying BT's billing is notoriously unreliable (as seen elsewhere in this forum), so it is also likely that BT have messed up.

I'd suggest contacting Smart to see if they processed the transfer and get as much detail as possible and then go back to BT and start the long hard slog of getting them to admit they made a cock-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

DecTenToo wrote: »
    Yes unfortunately.

I tried in vain to transfer over to Smart from UTV and it was a catalog of errors from the start.

Smart said they were able to transfer me over seamlessly so I ordered at the end of September and if it wasn't for the fact that I kept chasing them myself I would still be without broadband now. They had a complete misunderstanding of the way the new transfer process worked and I ended up being cancelled by them 3 times with very little communication despite being told it each time it was sorted.

I was fortunate in being able to go back to UTV and they were able to get me up and running within 10 day of me asking to go back to them.

It's a pity as the service looks really good, I just don't trust them to transfer me over without messing it up somehow :mad:

So saying BT's billing is notoriously unreliable (as seen elsewhere in this forum), so it is also likely that BT have messed up.

I'd suggest contacting Smart to see if they processed the transfer and get as much detail as possible and then go back to BT and start the long hard slog of getting them to admit they made a cock-up.

Im not too sure who's fault it is TBH. I'd say the best thing you can do is contact customer care on both sides. Make sure that you get full details of the swap over from one to the other including what date it was applied for, what department in each company was handling the swap over and when the completion went through. That should then be able to help you see who's messed up the switch. Its generally a pretty smooth procedure but again its different for every case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i had a bit of a nightmare transferring over to smart aswell....i persisted, and its worth it in the end.....anyway...

i rang BT this evening, according to them smart only put through the cancellation request on feb 20th, despite me being up and running with them at the end of November last year....3 months later..:rolleyes:

guy in bt cust care was helpful enough though, said he'd try and sort it for me....heres hoping :eek:

Advertisement