Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Vodafone broadband contract

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone let me know what options I have if any, my years contract has just finished and I was paying €39.99 a month. The current price for broadband stands at €29.99 and i was wondering would I be entitled to get this price or would I just have to sign up to Vodafone again and buy another modem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I guess this question will be asked a lot in the coming months ;)

They won't roll you over automatically so you have to call them. They probably won't force you to buy another modem. Might be a different story if you walk into a shop though, sales targets and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I had the same issue with my Voda modem. Im not using the unlimited data offer at 39.99 so I switched to the 29.99 a month option and received three months half price rental. The contract should just still roll on from month to month unless you buy a new modem. Limit is 5Gb remember on the new tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

There is no problem changing to the €29.99 tariff, the older unlimited tariff is only available for those already on it but you can be moved to the €29.99 tariff with the 5GB limit at any stage once you request it - it doesn't matter if you are still within your 12 month contract. Any changes take effect on your next bill day.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

philcsl wrote: »
    There is no problem changing to the €29.99 tariff, the older unlimited tariff is only available for those already on it but you can be moved to the €29.99 tariff with the 5GB limit at any stage once you request it - it doesn't matter if you are still within your 12 month contract. Any changes take effect on your next bill day.

Hi philcsl

I rang vodafone customer care a few months ago while I was still within the 12 months contract soon after the new rate of €29.99 was announced and the rep said I had to keep paying the €39.99(which is only for the 5GB limit, I think it was €49.99 for unlimited data).
    I also rang once my contract ended last week and they said there was no upgrade package available for people on old contracts. I emailed customer care yesterday and am awaiting their response.

Any ideas what to do next??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ironleg

Guys
    I have one of the those 3G modems from vodafone with €29.99 contract (12 months left), I want to get rid off it because just got DSL, is it possible to transfer my contract to somebody else so he/she will stay with vodafone if they want? (will include 3G modem and 3 months half price rental)
    would anyone in this forum be interested in such offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keith_heavey

I am thinking of getting the Vodafone Modem But i am not too sure on what to do i am with eircom now and i pay €100 with phone and broadband and i am thinking of getting rid of that and going for vodafone its cheaper, but i am worried about speeds are they good? well if not vodafone any other network? please help!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ironleg

I am thinking of getting the Vodafone Modem But i am not too sure on what to do i am with eircom now and i pay €100 with phone and broadband and i am thinking of getting rid of that and going for vodafone its cheaper, but i am worried about speeds are they good? well if not vodafone any other network? please help!!:eek:

Speeds of HSDPA modems are awful and quality as well, they will never be close to ADSL, the problem is in the number of subscribers in your area of coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

In my experience the Vodafone modem is fairly slow... and offline sometimes, failed downloads etc etc, very slow response times (no good for gaming etc).

There are also many known problems with third party software, lack of regulation or enforcement, misconfigured networks that don't work and pathetic customer support, and a seeming inability to respond quickly, competently or truthfully.

Other than that it seems ok...

Advertisement