Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Plasma, PowerCity

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I have a plasma TV bought in Power City last May (along with a DVD player). The DVD developed a fault & was replaced, however, they took my receipt at this time & I've only realised, they never returned it.

The TV developed a random & intermittent fault (red "sparklies" down the bottom right hand side of the screen). I contacted Power City & was told I have to deal direct with samsung. I called samsung & they told me dimco do all their servicing in Ireland & they'd arrange a service call.

A week goes by & no sign of a service call, I call samsung back to book it again & the following day, someone from dimco calls to arrange pickup of the tv. "they'll take it away put it on a bench & monitor it before repair" is what I was told. Now as I've said. The fault is random & intermittant, it could be every day, once a week, once a fortnight etc. Dimco will not supply a replacement for this time.

I'm not too happy with this as I thought my contract was with Powercity.

Can I get them (powercity) to exchange the TV for a new one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Short answer, no. You are entitled to a repair, replace or refund at their discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Stick to your guns. Your contract is with Power City but it is at their discretion the method of solving your complaint.

I presume that you paid with CC , so you will have proof of purchase.

Keep a record of any problems with your TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Power City have said I can drop the tv into their shop, they will then arrange the repair with dimco, but still will not supply a replacement while it's gone. Doesn't really seem fair, does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally, I think they're being fair. A telly is not a critical item (like a car or phone). As long as they get it back to you quickly, I'd be happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The problem is that the fault is random & intermittant. They could have the tv on the bench for two weeks & not display it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

I hate when something gets a fault like that. And it never happens when you're in the shop either:mad:

Best of luck with it op

Advertisement