Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Drivers

Options
  • 18-03-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Just something that has been really annoying me lately and it has gotten to the stage that I now have to voice my disgust at the drivers in Arklow.

It all started when Tesco opened in Arklow and had specific parking for disabled and cars with Kids. I have looked at the numerous cars parking in the spaces and as a rule it is 90% occupied with cars that do not possess a disabled sticker, people park in these places just solely for convenience, namely their own and not others. I know people are going to start shouting that this has changed because the entrance to Tesco has changed. I agree it has changed and Tesco have not changed the disabled parking areas but people are still parking their now and these cars do not have disabled stickers. Its not just Tesco. I was in Bridgewater yesterday and a wagon who was in her mid 40's with her mercedes jeep (thinking she was something special) parked right beside the elevators slap bang in the disabled zone.

My god people, these spaces are for people who need them, if you cant find a place, double park, look harder but for gods sake stop parking in a disabled spot.

Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I thought this post was going to be about the disproportionately high level of little boy (and girl) racers in town. Arklow must have the highest concentration of these twats of any town I've ever seen!

Parking in disabled spaces really is nothing Arklow-specific though - it's a problem all over the place. I was in the Liffey Valley centre the other day and saw the exact same things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Branoic wrote: »
    I thought this post was going to be about the disproportionately high level of little boy (and girl) racers in town. Arklow must have the highest concentration of these twats of any town I've ever seen!

Parking in disabled spaces really is nothing Arklow-specific though - it's a problem all over the place. I was in the Liffey Valley centre the other day and saw the exact same things.

I know that my comments regarding little people racers may not go down to well, but I don't feel the need to blast them for having "pimped" up cars. It is not my place to judge them for their cars or driving for that fact. I have never been put in a dangerous situation be cause of a racer, they have usually been curtious when I am stuck trying to get out of Tesco's in stupid traffic.

I find the dicks to be the middle aged people with their old mercs/bmw's who havevopinions of themselves.

Advertisement