Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they building beside PC World Dundalk

Options
  • 18-03-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Last time I was up there I noticed work had started on a big car park but I can't see what for, unless it's extra spaces for JJB and the ice rink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Nissan are moving from Park Street somewhere down there so it could be their new forecourt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Like behind KFC or beside the Ice Dome?

If its beside the Ice Dome, there was plans to build a restaurant and a Bolling Alley but that was when the Dome was first was being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

indiewindy wrote: »
    Nissan are moving from Park Street somewhere down there so it could be their new forecourt

Could be that. Not very interesting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

There was talk of the IceDome getting an extension to increase seating capacity. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The place should be packed tonight with the Giants playing down there. And a few Ireland friendlies so it would be nice to see more seating brought in soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I heard it was a new high security prison / nuclear power station.;)

• Advertisement

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    I heard it was a new high security prison / nuclear power station.;)

Heard that too ;)

Was bored and found this
    http://www.dundalktown.ie/ePlan/internetenquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=05157

but that might be for KFC because I cant find any application for KFC!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if its beside kfc you mean then its a new cinema

draffodx wrote: »
    if its beside kfc you mean then its a new cinema

What the rumour was true! :eek:

Flip that was over a year ago now :eek:

Anyone know who is building it and how big it will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Was walking past JJB and I saw this.
    dsc00482xk3.th.jpgthpix.gif
    So what is gonna happen IMC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

There's hardly any need for another cinema is there ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well given the complete and utter joke that is the parking situation at the one beside carroll village, then it's about time.
    10 screens as opposed to 4 (?), proper parking, not the "park where the f*ck you like, especially all over the street outside" routine we have going currently, easier road access, plus the extra business that a cinema could bring for surrounding businesses (paricularly catering/food) are all boons.
    To hell with IMC...they'll get decent money for their town centre site should they choose to sell up...the place is outmoded anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Wertz wrote: »
    Well given the complete and utter joke that is the parking situation at the one beside carroll village, then it's about time.
    10 screens as opposed to 4 (?), proper parking, not the "park where the f*ck you like, especially all over the street outside" routine we have going currently, .......

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The imc cinema has seven screens, no safe free parking and the dispute with a film distributor which prevented films like the departed coming to Dundalkwas a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Anyone else hear rumours about PC World and Currys pulling out after Christmas? It will be a shame as the more shops like that the better as it forces the likes of Lallys and Harvey Norman to keep their prices down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm, didn't hear that...not a nice development if it turns out to be true....but I can see why they might, they have to be loosing an awful lot of business to their colleagues in the North. But that said, the money that Currys must have pumped into that unit for all of 6 months trading time must have been substantial, so they might stick with it a bit longer. PC world is almost always empty any time I head in and has been open, what, 3 years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wertz wrote: »
    Hmm, didn't hear that...not a nice development if it turns out to be true....but I can see why they might, they have to be loosing an awful lot of business to their colleagues in the North. But that said, the money that Currys must have pumped into that unit for all of 6 months trading time must have been substantial, so they might stick with it a bit longer. PC world is almost always empty any time I head in and has been open, what, 3 years now?

As Currys and PC world are both owned by the same parent company the money they make will just float between the two.

As it stands, the expected amount to be taken in by PC world has been greatly reduced, but the target for Currys has been risen. And both have been doing exceptionally well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Despite the 'Recession' there is alot of money being spent. The Retail park in Dundalk is full every weekend with laptops and big TVs all selling well. The important time will be immediately after the January sales when the spending stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

Wow, an even nicer part of town for a cinema than where the IMC is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Liking the idea of a new cinema. IMC's disagreement with the distributor 'Entertainment' prevents them from getting certain films, which is annoying at times. Hopefully this new cinema is one that has good relations with its distributor partners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

IMC dont even get new line cinema movies since like lord of the rings came out thats y they didnt have sex and the cit(not that i care:))

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

It would be ideally placed - not far from all the student estates and indeed the college! We often used to head up to the retail park for a wander around on days we'd have huge gaps beteen class; cinema would be the ideal solution.

Advertisement