Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas on a website name for me?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to get a new website done, but I can't think of a name for it. I basically make music for computer games, films etc. and other types of media (or try to). Now I was going to go for www.musicformedia.ie but someone already owns musicformedia.com, and musicformedia.co.uk

After having a chat with someone legal they said that legal issues may arise in the future if they decide that they don't want me having the same name as theirs. I know theres a lot more involved in it, but I was thinking on maybe going for a different name

Now...the problems arises when I think of a new name. A lot of composers go for composer'sname.com - but to do that, you need to have a semi-well known name. I however, do not, as I am only starting off in this business. I might buy the domain name at a later date of my own name.com, but I want to get a name that stands out, and highlights what work I do - ie. I compose music for media.

Any one any ideas on a good website name for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

here a couple
    music4medias.com
    mymusicformedia.com
    mymusic4media.com
    musicformedialive.com
    mymusicformedia.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yea they're good actually.

musicalmedia.com might work too

musicandmedia.com

not too sure about myname.com - think you need people to have heard of you for that really...what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mccafferty

how about something like soundtrack.ie? It's available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Mediascore.ie?

mccafferty wrote: »
    how about something like soundtrack.ie? It's available at the moment.

I really really like both. I actually want to get both. However...

I don't actually have a business. I'm working from my bedroom at the moment, and make absolutely no money from this at all. When I try and register both names at register365.com I have been told by tech support after asking them that I would most likely not be allowed to take either due to constraints of Irish domain registration law.

So because I don't have a business, I can't get either domain name? What a pile of b*lls...???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you plan to work at this though why dont you just register a business name. Once you register the business name you will be able to get the .ie domain as long as it is available, it only costs around 25 euro and its easy to do through the CRO

yea I just got some advice from people over at the consumer affairs forum - going with the registered business name is the easiest way it seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

You seem to be focusing on a keyword domain which has its advantages, might be worthwhile looking at a more abstract (if thats the word im looking for here?) domain name which might be easier to create a brand with.

I really like soundtrack.ie btw.

yea soundtrack.ie is what I will be going for

I'm going to register a business name at CRO and then hopefully get then domain name also :)

mediascore will be my next one if I don't get soundtrack :)

Advertisement