Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car security fitter???

Options
  • 18-03-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Looking to see if there is anyone with good knowledge of non standard security systems/devices? Like the ones listed below in what works. (taken from a website)

My car was stolen, but I got it back, not burned out. I am adamant this will not happen again.

I had:
    1.Fat chain and lock
    2.Alarm
    3.Immobiliser
    Cvnts still got it.

What does NOT work.

Removing ECU
    Removing Fuses/Relays
    Removing plug wires/distributor cap
    Removable steering wheel
    Club-like devices
    Starter kill chip
    Standard alarm install
    Factory alarm
    Factory immobilizer
    Factory steering wheel lock
    Any type of switch/chip/start kill device that is:
    A) visible
    B) connected to the ignition harness
    Praying
    Ignorance
    Having an ugly exterior
    "If they really want it, they'll get it."

What works

Tracking device ie. Lojack, Viper 210V
    Stealth installed paging Alarm

Battery backup, hood pin, hidden siren
    Additional sensors ie glass breakage, tilt, motion/proximity

Kill switch
    Garage
    Staying low-key
    Parking in a safe area

Interested in ones in italics.

Thanks.
    Taken from here http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry to hear that - f*in scumbags:mad:

Couple of six inch nails wedged under the driver seat.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Firstly what car was it?and what alarm system was installed in it?

Are you positive it actually ahd an immobilisor on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Car is Corolla GT FX 1994.
    Immobiliser was not working, 2 weeks before theft. You would swear they knew. Its a cobra alarm and immobiliser. Being fixed at the moment.

Mechanic has to braze the drivers door, crack from them trying to bend it back.

@eireal
    I like the sound of this:
    Design a circuit that senses the position of some other switch or switches inside the car. So, for example, you could make it so you have to turn the ventilation to "recirculate" mode and press the left power-mirror adjustment button in order to start your car.

Are snap off steering wheels any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

What about considering a pincode add on eg cliffords blakjax in addition to your alarm,even with the cars keys they wouldnt get very far before it immobilised itself.

Ive seen snap off boss kits with big enough gaps in the to get a vice grips into so still possible to drive the car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Thanks eireal. My sisters Pug 106 had a 4 pin code thingy, which she had to input before driving.

That and a kill switch should be good. Anyone on here fit this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Get one of the disklocks for the steering wheel, I have one on my Mazda and no alarm or immob, its also parked on a road about 25metres from any house in a dodgy enough area of Tallaght. They've smashed the windows and robbed the stero etc, but never even bothered to try rob the car cos of the disklock?

Advertisement