Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a letting agent to rent your home

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

We will be moving abroad at the end of the year, long-term. We own a one bedroom flat in the city center of Dublin and due to the current housing market, uncertainty about us moving abroad forever, and the possibility of having a nice rental income, have decided not to sell the flat but to rent it out instead. We've no experience with the rental market form either tenant or landlord side, so it seems the best way to rent out the flat is via a letting agent, as we'd need someone to vet tenants, organise minor repairs, make sure rent is paid on time and so on as we will not be in the country to take care of those things.

I'd love to know of any reputable agencies serving Dublin city center, hear owner's experiences with letting agencies, be warned of some of the pitfalls etc....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davidtutty1970

I can recommend a guy, his office is in Bolton Street. I used him to do some work from me in Cabra, and I found him good. He let my house in Killala Road out in two weeks. To two very nice polish couple’s, if you want I can send the details to you or post them here if you want. All the best D.

Advertisement