Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scenic problems

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

noticed a little rattle from the exhaust and as the car was going to the garage i asked them to check it out. i was told by the garage that there was something loose but no real problem. they checked the exhaust system and said that nothing showed up. this was about 3/4 weeks ago. today the rattle seem to be a lot worse until i hit the accellerator. also the engine seems to be down on power.

will take it back to the garage but does anyone have any idea what this maybe? know pretty much nothing about cars so would like a heads up on when i get to the garage so i might understand what they are talking about

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whereabouts in the exhaust system is the noise coming from and is it a distinct rattle or more like a kind of rumbling noise from around the middle of the car?
    I'd be inclined to thisnk that something was loose if the noise was mroe towards the rear but the fact that you think it may be down on power makes me thing there may be something wronf with the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SnoopyDogDog

think the noise is coming more from the center but cannot be sure. hope its not the cat and just a ratlle with the engine power my imagination. there are times it seems ok. will take to the garage and just hope it doesnt cost much!

Advertisement